Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #1

I might have gone overboard

Back in May I have decided to upgrade my 2012 Class C Motorhome for a Class A. I tough it was we normal way to go. I couldn't say anything wrong on the C who was fully upgraded with all you can think. The new owner must be a very happy Camper.

I now have a brand new 2015 GTown XL 350 and I haven't even made my first trip yet and I already spent more then 6,000$ to make sure I wouldn't be disappointed with the driving experience.

New koni shocks, firestone ride rite air bags on 4 corners controlled individually with 2 compressor, blueox tiger track, safe t plus, CHF, TPMS, Shore Reel 50 amp electric reel to stop fighting anaconda and just about to press enter to order 2 tune from 5 star tuning (1 for normal condition and 1 for the toad that i will be buying this week). All of which will be installed on August 5th.

The UPS guy is stopping by everyday with new toys!

During my lunch break today I bought new duvet cover for our bed and also the bunk beds as I didn't like the one in our master bedroom and the kids do not want to sleep in sleeping bags... On my way home I realized how much money I putting in this new coach for 35 nights a year!

I hope our first trip will be nice and this new MH has to handle right or else I will go nuts!
2015 Georgetown XL 350TS FireMist | Firestone Ride Rite 4 corners air bags | Koni’s FSD Shocks | Safe T Plus | BlueOx Rear Track| 5 Star Tuned | Centramatic's Wheel Balancers | Best handling Georgetown XL Bare None !!!
johnnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #2

Well you can think of the costs and get pissed, or ignore them and enjoy yourself 😜 I'd ignore the costs...
UncleBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:09 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club

Well versed in understatements are we?

Sounds killer! I bet you will enjoy every bit of that effort you just invested! Please tell us all about it.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:51 PM   #4

I think most of us are jealous...

Who wouldn't like to turn into "Spaulding", from Caddyshack, when it comes to shopping for our RV ??
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:31 PM   #5

Add all you can..... include tons sound insulation around engine bay, + track bar. I did the air bags and saw near no improvement. (could be the junky GY tires) Too bad we can't add 200 ft. lb. of torque and 50 hp. to these gassers.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:44 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yup

It's all about accesorizing to make it YOUR coach. Nothing wrong with that. Been looking at the electric cord reels myself. Have a fun and safe trip.

P.S. - The wife made me promise not to tinker on the RV when we camp.
What fun is that !!!

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:53 PM   #7

Good for you. I have been tinkering and spending $$ on mine too. Now, get it on the road and enjoy your travels.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:55 PM   #8

Idaho... Tell me about the sound insolator? I hope the air bags will help as they are by far the most expensive mod on this coach.
2015 Georgetown XL 350TS FireMist | Firestone Ride Rite 4 corners air bags | Koni’s FSD Shocks | Safe T Plus | BlueOx Rear Track| 5 Star Tuned | Centramatic's Wheel Balancers | Best handling Georgetown XL Bare None !!!
johnnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:58 PM   #9
Community Administrator

You will enjoy everything you've done unless you keep thinking about the cost and expect to get it back when you sell . Just enjoy it. I think you done good.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:06 PM   #10

I cannot envision adding that much to a new coach still under warranty. Maybe some after a year of driving and getting used to it. Just be glad you can do it and still make your payments... ;-)
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:08 PM   #11

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
A recreational vehicle is a hole in your driveway where you pour all your money.

We just bought a new-to-us Class A and have spent lots just to get it the way we want...and not even finished. I don't think you ever finish....

Have fun and enjoy life. Happy camping!
TinCanTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Although we have not added a lot to our new class A gasser, we did add about everything that could be added to our 2006 Win Aspect 26a. We got it paid for and sold it???? Why, well we liked the extra room inside the three slide Vista 27, the extra storage and the other benefits of an A. A friend told me you only live once and you don't see u hauls behind a hearse! Enjoy the journey.....we never know when it will end.
sask66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:36 PM   #13

Thor Owners Club
As for the $6000 you've spent......in the next few years you will spend more.....This is how it works....Theres always something new and better that comes along.
Boats are worse......Of course B.O.A.T. means Bring over another thousand. RVs aren't far behind.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnya View Post
Idaho... Tell me about the sound insolator? I hope the air bags will help as they are by far the most expensive mod on this coach.
Your GT may be better insulated around the engine than mine. I suggest you take it out and climb some grades to see if it warrants more sound deadening. (mine did). I bought about 16 sf. of 1/4" foil backed turbo pad insulation from EBay....used a can of 3M spray adhesive to apply it. I also used a case, 6 cans of premium 3M rubber sound insulation. Remove the dog house engine cover and have at it! About 80% of the job and be done from under the RV. Expect 25%-35% less noise from the motor for 8 hours of work and $150.
I may try the Koni's to soften the front end.