Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here are some possible sources for inexpensive replacements I have saved from various threads over the years.

" 1) AM Equipment 402 E. Hazel St Jefferson, OR 97352, (541) 327-1546 the motor is $29 plus $7 shipping.

2) www.rvdealership.com that sells a repair parts kit made specifically for these units - includes gears.

3) Replacement step motor at AutoZone. It's a Siemens "Window Lift Motor", part number WL43003.

4) Autozone. The brand is "Siemens"
The ID tag lists the following numbers:
59720-20

5) A 1986-1995 Ford Taurus left front window lift motor matched my motor. NAPA part # BK655-1395 $63.99 I ordered my

motor from Auto-Zone Manufactured by Dorman part# 742-206. This has a lifetime Warranty and was $49.99. "

Also these guys rebuild the older unencapsulated circuit boards:

HERE

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #16

Here is a link to a pdf with different dorman lift motors. You might be able to visually match one.

http://www.dormanproducts.com/catalo...LiftMotors.pdf

Mike

Old 04-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #17

What you will notice on the Advance & Auto Zone window motors, Dorman, the two locating dowels cast into the gear box housing, where the mounting screws go threw, are not on them like on the OEM Kwikee step motor, so the Dorman gear box will move around if the screws get loose.
That could be bad or could be good, because most all of the pressure being put on to the steps when being used, being transmitted into the step motor control arm & in turn into that thin weak gear box that will soon crack.

I'll never have to worry about the control arm breaking on my steps, gears or gear box maybe, but not the control arm, because & cut one out of solid steel, both pieces & only old piece left is that ball joint like bolt.

Anybody pull that step motor off, inspect & study how each piece is made & how it works, it wont take long to realize failure is built into that part of those steps.
Neil
Old 04-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Leigh Racing View Post
What you will notice on the Advance & Auto Zone window motors, Dorman, the two locating dowels cast into the gear box housing, where the mounting screws go threw, are not on them like on the OEM Kwikee step motor, so the Dorman gear box will move around if the screws get loose.
That could be bad or could be good, because most all of the pressure being put on to the steps when being used, being transmitted into the step motor control arm & in turn into that thin weak gear box that will soon crack.
All the motor assemblies for the steps are window lift motors assemblies. That is where Kwikee gets them and there is no difference. They are not made for Kwikee steps, they are made for a window.
The dowels are there on replacement auto lift motors. The metal spacer is not flat in the pics.
garym114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Found my Motor ....Cost a Zillion Dollars
Gave'em the plastic,, We'll see is they send me the right one..Couldn't get the other place (AM Equipment)to verify a replacement motor..Nice people though.... Too bad because they were about $60 Dollars cheaper.
Here is where I found it Motor replacement Ket Kwikee
Old 04-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #20
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the update. Glad you found one.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:58 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Got my motor from AM today it was exact thing I had, took about 10 minutes to replace all is well now. Cost $47 with shipping. This was on an 07 year Kwikee steps.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Singleton's RV Salvage & Sales, Inc.

Thanks for the in Cliff.. I e-mailed these folks and my e-mail came back..so I called the number... Doesn't work..
Old 04-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #23
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheadbob
Singleton's RV Salvage & Sales, Inc.

Thanks for the in Cliff.. I e-mailed these folks and my e-mail came back..so I called the number... Doesn't work..
Sorry , I can't guarantee my search on your behalf. . I googled your motor # for you and they came up. I tried

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Thought I posted here yesterday....but I don't see it..Anyway I have ordered a
motor from AM Equipment.. AM Equipment : 210 Series Gearhead Motor, 12V, RH Housing, w/ pinion [210-1009] - $39.75
we will see if this motor is the right replacement for the original "Kwikee Motor"
Part Number 5973820.. (Which, from what I hear, is no Longer produced).
Hope this works.. I really appriciate everyone's help with this!
Bob
Old 02-06-2016, 06:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheadbob View Post
I have pictures , however I am unable to post them.
Numbers printer on the motor are:
5973820... large numbers
Smaller Numbers are:
072997-L2-"A"
says series 32 on the gearbox
Bob, I know this is an old post. I have a defective motor with same number as the one you had and I noticed you apparantly ordered a kit from Motor Kit from Kwikee but it looked like you also ordered a motor from AM Equipment. Were you successful in getting a replacement for the 5973820 motor and would you share that info. I have a 2000 Phaeton and I need one badly; I was told by Tiffin that they no longer had them and I would need to order a conversion kit of some kind. Thanks Jim
Old 02-06-2016, 11:14 PM   #26

Jim Lynch just take your bad motor off and go to a local auto parts store and ask them for a ford taurus window motor and hand them the old motor so they can match it up. Save yourself some bucks, it should cost around $45.

jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kwikee