Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2010, 01:35 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
I want to add a 7 ft couch to my coach, How??

I'm tired of the 2 lounge chairs and foot stools in my coach, in addition the couch I have is a regular size its an ultra leather job that has about 5 ft between the arms. I'm a little over 6 ft tall, I;m going to take out the 2 lounge chairs and foot stools and install a 7ft couch so I can lay down and not fight with the wife about the coach or the chairs, My question is, How do I get it in there. I have plenty of room like maybe 8 feet of space to add it
problem is getting it thru the door, I have a regular size door. I think I measured it once and it was 30 inches, but the door on the hinges really only give maybe 24 inches of clearence. anybody have any ideas?

can couch be taken apart and reassembled inside?

I called Villa INdustires and they say oh yes you can get it in there
but at a cost of $3000 to add that couch. I'd like to try some different avenues to see what else is available.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
If it won't go in the door, then it has to go in a window.

Side windows are preferable to removing the windshield.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:58 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Windshield is about the only way. If your chair/recliners is biege I'll take one of them.
WeBeGone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:03 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
On La-Z-Boy units, the backs come off of the seats. Turning the seat unit on its side should make it go through the entry door. They're not cheap, but are well built & the reclining mechanisms are guaranteed for life.

I see you have a 40X. If we were in the market for a diesel, that floor plan WITH the 2 chairs is what we'd choose. DH hates our couch (it's too short for his 6'1" frame). We've considered getting rid of the couch & replacing with 2 lounge chairs. How ironic, huh?

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:27 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
On La-Z-Boy units, the backs come off of the seats. Turning the seat unit on its side should make it go through the entry door. They're not cheap, but are well built & the reclining mechanisms are guaranteed for life.

I see you have a 40X. If we were in the market for a diesel, that floor plan WITH the 2 chairs is what we'd choose. DH hates our couch (it's too short for his 6'1" frame). We've considered getting rid of the couch & replacing with 2 lounge chairs. How ironic, huh?

Lori-

Yes, Lori
we are always fighting over the couch and I don't care for the lounge chairs
and foot stools, I like laying down as does my wife
on the 40X with all the room opposite the other couch I can put in a long one for me. I thought it would be possible to take one apart and put it back together again inside. Villa says they can make me a ultra leather couch to match the one I already have and they say the arms come off and and be put back on once inside, AND they are made about 20 miles for my home and they said bring the coach down and they will put it in thru the door.
for a little over $3000 plus 10% tax. I want to try some thing cheaper in case this turns out not to be a good idea after all.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:09 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Now that I think of it, it might be just the motion sofas (or chairs) that the backs come off. It might not be the case with the standard sofas, which cost less than the motion sofas. You might have to check with your local La-Z-Boy gallery for clarification.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:15 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I ordered a Flexsteel couch from Brad & Hall, it came completely apart (arms, back) and went through the door with no problem.

Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote