Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2015, 02:52 AM   #15

Glad it worked out for you, they usually never work out in your favor.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2015, 10:49 AM   #16
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdamp View Post
An interesting thing happened 10 days ago. I got a call from the owner of the dealership. He said their end-of-year audit had shown some "discrepancies" in the way our transaction had been handled and he'd like to discuss it. It turned out to be tha same kind of thing you mentioned, Al.

We had a lengthy talk about it and negotiated an additional financial settlement, which corrected most of what I thought was a rip-off. I did get to see the final bill of sale, but with the buyer's i/d blacked out. All I saw was the city, "Lake Stevens".

I agreed not to discuss the incident any more on the RV forums, other than to say it was satisfactorily settled.

I would strongly recommend anyone considering a consignment sale to get a copy of your state laws covering consigment motor vehicle sales and read up on the responsibilities of both the consignor and consignee, before you go to the dealership
Congratulations Frank on both your Golden Anniversary as well as having a wrong made right by the consignment dealer.

I also wanted to thank you for the PM you sent us on what to do in the Anacortes Area last summer.
We spent a week there and camped at the Pioneer Trails Campground. We did virtually all the things you recommended and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Our favourite was the ferry ride and day spent in Friday Harbour. Deception Pass was also really cool. Thanks again for making our trip there an enjoyable success!

Old 01-24-2015, 07:07 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdamp View Post
An interesting thing happened 10 days ago. I got a call from the owner of the dealership. He said their end-of-year audit had shown some "discrepancies" in the way our transaction had been handled and he'd like to discuss it. It turned out to be tha same kind of thing you mentioned, Al.

We had a lengthy talk about it and negotiated an additional financial settlement, which corrected most of what I thought was a rip-off. I did get to see the final bill of sale, but with the buyer's i/d blacked out. All I saw was the city, "Lake Stevens".

I agreed not to discuss the incident any more on the RV forums, other than to say it was satisfactorily settled.

I would strongly recommend anyone considering a consignment sale to get a copy of your state laws covering consigment motor vehicle sales and read up on the responsibilities of both the consignor and consignee, before you go to the dealership
Ahh yes, the power of the press, so to speak. I'm glad you're satisfied with the final outcome.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:59 PM   #18

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Just the threat of using the forums can make a huge difference in how a dealer handles issues. I have done that myself when I felt like is was getting the raw end of the deal. After a little discussion with the owner he saw things through my eyes and agreed to fix the issues. After that we now get along great and we know where each other stands.

Alan Wilson

2001 HR Scepter 38 PBD