Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-11-2015, 06:41 PM   #1
Ice maker

We have a 2005 Fleetwood Expedition. We have read thru the manual, but still can't figure out why out ice maker won't work. We stayed in TN for 10 days this summer and freezer worked great but we never had any ice. The arm was in the down position just like our home ice maker. Any ideas? Hubby thinks no water is getting to the ice maker.

Cdsmith96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2015, 07:19 PM   #2
On mine the water comes from the drinking water filter and it has a lever to turn the water off. I ordered a new filter for mine and had it turned off the old one was leaking, also the ice maker didn't work when it was off.

James & Cathy
Western KY
1998 Winnebago WW37 with air ride tag and 21000 miles
kysportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 07:20 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by Cdsmith96 View Post
We have a 2005 Fleetwood Expedition. We have read thru the manual, but still can't figure out why out ice maker won't work. We stayed in TN for 10 days this summer and freezer worked great but we never had any ice. The arm was in the down position just like our home ice maker. Any ideas? Hubby thinks no water is getting to the ice maker.

If it is like my Ice Maker in my Norcold Refrigerator when the freezer is down to the freezing temperature it will trip a solenoid that will allow the water to the ice machine. When you go out side and open the vent area to the refrigerator on the left hand side mid way up you will see a solenoid with plastic hose going to it and out the other side along with two spade electrical connections. This solenoid is 120 volts. If the solenoid is not working then no water will pass. I know it is 120 volts because when I winterize the coach I had to make a jumper out of an extension cord to trip the solenoid so the pink antifreeze would run into the ice machine without turning it on and getting down to freezing. I would check the solenoid by applying 120 volts to the two electrical connections (flat spade connections). There maybe ways to check the solenoid with a meter and not applying electricity to it but I'm not sure how. If the solenoid trips water should pass into the ice machine. If it does then the one thing left is the temperature input to the solenoid is not getting there and I am not familiar with tracing that. It could also be the full bin switch is broken and it doesn't know the arm is down. Since you have a 10 year old MH another thought is calcium buildup in the ice machine line. Check the line for water I would check it at the solenoid by disconnecting the incoming hose and seeing if water comes out when the pump is on or you are on city water. If you don't have any water coming out then go to the Ice machine filter (smaller filter just for the ice machine line) and see if you have water there, and if not trace the line to where it connects to the larger water line. The ice machine line is a smaller line not the usual 1/2 inch line going to the sinks and would clog first before a sink would. Re-reading this the steps maybe better to first check to see water is making it to the solenoid, second check the full bin switch on the ice maker (not sloppy or obviously broken), then trip the solenoid, last trace the temperature input.
Bob and Cathy
2015 Itasca Sunova 33c towing a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 09:47 PM   #4
Tiffin Owners Club
I have to ask, do you have the water valve open? It is located in the vent area for the refrigerator.
pg87111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:26 AM   #5
You did not say if you are getting water from dispenser ?
Sometimes plastic lines under area can get pinched off
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 12:15 PM   #6
Fleetwood Owners Club
Which refrigerator is it, a Norcold or a Dometic and what model? I have the Dometic side by side, the freezer temp must stay below 3 degrees for it to work, the coach needs to be plugged into 120 volt, or needs the generator running, and the water needs to be on. There is a separate shut off for the water behind the fridge.
2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E
2007 Chev Classic CC LB D/A - Toad
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited - Backup Toad
UsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 12:20 PM   #7
It was mentioned a couple times about a valve being closed. Sometimes during winterization the supply valve is closed or sometimes previous owners just do not want the ice maker functioning. check that valve first to make sure you have water flowing.

2006 Phaeton 40 QDH
Honda Cr-V
bakerroc is offline   Reply With Quote