Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: The Ideal Diesel Pusher
Full Wall Slide 21 38.89%
Flat dash by Co-pilot 19 35.19%
Engine Size-One horsepower for each 100 lbs GCWR 38 70.37%
Air leveling 37 68.52%
Manual Awnings 13 24.07%
Automatic Awnings 31 57.41%
Single Piece Windshield 24 44.44%
Independent Front suspension 30 55.56%
Hinged Stove Top 18 33.33%
Large Grey Water Tank 45 83.33%
Pass Through Basement 48 88.89%
Washer Dryer(Stacked or Combo) 44 81.48%
Full Coach RO Water 14 25.93%
Pull Out Kitchen Counter 25 46.30%
Bedroom Slide on Pass Side 27 50.00%
Kitchen Pantry 43 79.63%
Living area in the front 33 61.11%
Single Bath 21 38.89%
Lavatory Vanity in Hall 21 38.89%
Dresser in Bedroom 31 57.41%
MCD day/night Shades 36 66.67%
Lots of Basement space 47 87.04%
Hydro-Hot 23 42.59%
Basement Air 10 18.52%
Side radiator 34 62.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #15

The ideal coach is the one you have had for four years, have all the bugs out of, and still enjoy. LOL just kidding.

There is no perfect coach. You need about five of them to fit every camping occasion.

B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2010, 06:39 PM   #16
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyDoesIt View Post
That's the Idea. Let's let the manufacturers know what we like. Too bad we can't set up a poll type of response.
Are we certain, that the Manufacturers listen to US???? The customers! They all say they do!

RVer

TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:56 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Mike View Post
And the full-wall slide, which eliminates the bottleneck so many coaches have between front and back -- we are extremely happy with our floor plan!
What brand and model do you have? Sounds nice
Old 09-11-2010, 10:20 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
The Ideal Diesel Pusher Poll

In conjunction with the post “The Ideal Diesel Pusher” started by EasyDoesIt and at his suggestion I created this poll to make it easier to determine the options most preferable for an ideal diesel pusher. As usuall the more who participant in the poll the more meaningful are the results.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:49 PM   #19
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Good luck with your poll.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:40 AM   #20

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyDoesIt View Post
What brand and model do you have? Sounds nice
Sorry -- 2008 Mandalay 43A. Haven't gotten around to setting up my sig.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:50 AM   #21

I thought that I had the perfect mh but after all this I don't know anymore do you guys know how the 2006 discovery 39L is as far the gvw goes, I was on the road and I weighted the rig and all loaded with four of us in it weights 27500lbs, the gross on it I think its around 32000. Also is there a way to load it that makes it a better ride not that I have a reason to do so because it handles good but by reading all this I'm learning all this new things that I didn't even know about. Joe
Old 09-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
I just thought I'd try to help out EasyDoesIt with his thread.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:07 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
How about a mid-door?

For me, there's just so many reasons a bus style door just doesn't do it... From the DW having to get up every time I choose to stop... to sitting under the awning watching the rain and having to go out in it to go to sleep. After tracking the rain and mud thru the full length of the coach to get to the bathroom.

My ideal would be a 99-02 Foretravel GV320. While I'd love to have a bedroom slide, I'd trade it for a mid door and Foretravel quality.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:25 PM   #24

The perfect motorhome for us is the one we presently have because it is paid for and the bugs are worked out.

I started RVing in 1972 in an 18' travel trailer and over the last 38 years my perfect motorhome has changed many times. We started RVing with three small boys on weekend trips and ended up with just me and the wife fulltiming. One of these days we'll decide to down grade to a small motorhome and our "perfect for us" motorhome will change again.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:56 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninos View Post
I thought that I had the perfect mh but after all this I don't know anymore do you guys know how the 2006 discovery 39L is as far the gvw goes, I was on the road and I weighted the rig and all loaded with four of us in it weights 27500lbs, the gross on it I think its around 32000. Also is there a way to load it that makes it a better ride not that I have a reason to do so because it handles good but by reading all this I'm learning all this new things that I didn't even know about. Joe
I think the GVWR is the same as the higher end units. The 08 Providence units are 31000. Have you checked the weight by axle. Mine tends to get heavy on the rear especially when I had a toad on a dolly. I agree that the ride is good on our unit. I just keep the heavier things for the basement such as water, pop, etc in the front basement areas. I have not weighed since we have the tow four down.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:33 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
How about a mid-door?

For me, there's just so many reasons a bus style door just doesn't do it... From the DW having to get up every time I choose to stop... to sitting under the awning watching the rain and having to go out in it to go to sleep. After tracking the rain and mud thru the full length of the coach to get to the bathroom.

My ideal would be a 99-02 Foretravel GV320. While I'd love to have a bedroom slide, I'd trade it for a mid door and Foretravel quality.
DW and I had this debate with each other. She'd prefer a midship door. I prefer to maximize every bit of space possible (I'd go from 45' 4 slide to 50' 2 full wall slide if it were physically possible! Space is king.) The cockpit is already wasted area anyway, so you might as well leave the door there instead of wasting living space.

I do, however, agree... it would be nice to not stumble over the wife to get out and refuel and do trip checks!
Old 09-13-2010, 04:54 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
DW and I agree the Bus Door Sucks. BUT the side door does use up valuable wall space. DW has learned to keep the floor clean. That's why it is important to have a flat dash so that she has somewhere to put stuff!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:29 AM   #28

So much depends on what the expected usage is planned for. Full time vs short hops... We had our list of Must Haves and Nice To Haves. Selected down to three manufacturers with a total or 8 models to go out and look for. For 'us', your opinions do (and should) vary, I'll add a few of the Must Haves not in this poll:
-38-42' (we bought 40')
-CCR (help me on the buzzwards, brain fade - extra weight we can carry, we have 5300lbs more capacity (DW has 1800lbs in shoes alone!)
-Tag
-Slide out trays on basement
-Two non passenger slide, or three with two slides in bedroom (we ended up with two slides on Driver side)
-Large galley (ours is bigger then most 45' RV's, DW wanted counter space)
-Non galley slide
-Good insulation value
-Large shower
-Silverleaf or equivalent
-Lighter color scheme
-Pre 2006 emission, with a bonus to (spread sheet weighted grading system) given to 2000-2004 engines emissions (2004 and before, we had a cutt of on this century, thus the 2000)

The one feature I wanted on my Must Have's that I could never find (Foretravel, Country Coach, Travel Supreme) was the self washing and waxing exterior option, and bug free front window. That would be a neat option to have...!

I did really want a TRW or Comfort Drive type system. But the Mountaine Air on Spartan chassis coaches did not make it to our final cut. Nice coaches, but the models we looked into did not match what we were looking for.

Best to all, have fun, be safe,
Smitty