Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2016, 12:21 PM   #1

Importing TS coach from Canada

Considering importing a coach from Canada. U.S. Customs requires DOT & EPA Conforming stickers. It has a cummins powerplant. Can't seem to find them. Also, any other hints on importing a coach north of the border. Any & all advice would be greatly appr. Thanks BOB
dadshotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2016, 01:00 PM   #2

Was the coach built in the USA ?
Coach brand, year and chassis manufacturer will help members supply useful info.

EDIT: Speed reading has let me down again , does TS , mean Travel Supreme ?

EDIT again: Another though , it would help to know some history on the coach too,.
Was it; built to Canadian standards and imported into Canada by an RV dealer and sold new , or imported into Canada by an individual , who bought it used in the USA.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:38 PM   #3

Yes Built in Indiana. 2005 Travel Supreme Select. 500Hp Cummins. I don't think that it would be a problem. I just can't find those 2 stickers that customs requires. What I'm gathering so far, is that they changed some of the importing requirements at the beginning of this year.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:40 PM   #4

Yes built for Canada & exported. Still I would think that it should meet U.S. Standards also.
Old 04-23-2016, 02:23 PM   #5

It's been 5 1/2 years since I imported my coach INTO Canada , and know I had issues trying to get my P/U into the USA to trade it in. So if that process has changed , I guess it's best I don't comment on my troubles.

The engine's EPA sticker , may be part of the , serial number data plate on the engine it's self.
I'll look over my coach for a DOT sticker.

EDIT: Back from the coach , No sticker with the DOT mentioned specifically , but the tire size & weight decal , states the the vehicle meets all requirements of Federal US, and Canadian laws in effect on the date of manufacturer . I wonder if that's what their after or if they could provide you a photo of the sticker to look for.
I'll look into the info contained on the Cummins engine data plate to see if EPA info is listed there.
Old 04-23-2016, 03:41 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...port%20vehicle

Importing Vehicles into the United States | Pacific Customs Brokers Ltd.
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 04:10 PM   #7

In the text in Brian's first link , it states that the EPA info is on the engine and if you pull up images of Cummins data plates there are spots on the plate that have EPA mentioned. Internet pictures will show you where to find the data plate on different Cummins engines.

search " Cummins engines data plates"

The tire size and inflation decal , hopefully is an easy find on the coach , because I'm sure that the statements on it are what the Border services are after. Decal has serial number of the chassis , production date and the conforms to Federal laws statement.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:43 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadshotrod View Post
Considering importing a coach from Canada. U.S. Customs requires DOT & EPA Conforming stickers. It has a cummins powerplant. Can't seem to find them. Also, any other hints on importing a coach north of the border. Any & all advice would be greatly appr. Thanks BOB

My ISL370 has a EPA sticker right next to the engine data plate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine Data Plate.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	215.6 KB
ID:	125061   Click image for larger version

Name:	EPA Notice.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	250.8 KB
ID:	125062  

Tags
ada, canada