Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #15
Rich, don't forget a set of curb feelers and some fuzzy dice for the rear view...uh...uh...camera!

Numbers is hard...
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2009, 05:44 PM   #16
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Other items to fall prey to (not already mentioned):
MaxxAir covers for any roof vent not already covered
A quieter, more flow water pump
Oxygenics shower head
Water pressure gauge
Weber Baby Q
Ceramic space heater (comes in handy camping in WV mountains when a cold snap comes, have only fumes in your propane tank & it's too cold for the heat pumps to work....ask me how I know!)
Shore power adapters (to go from 50a to 30a & 20a)
6ft-12ft expanding cleaning pole (w/squeege, soft cloth & brush attachments)

...oh heck, just go to RVUpgrades & start shopping.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:16 PM   #17
Try on a spare water pump, and mount it where you can wire & plumb it w/out having to R&R the old one. My coach came w/the new fangled quiet 65psi ShurFlo pump. I had a spare I carry when going to Baja (nowhere to buy one there w/out a multi-day trip to the States. For fun I mounted it on the coach frame next to the OEM pump. Whadaya know. For once in my life I was right. On the way to a week outing w/other knucklehead motorhomers, pump shut off failed & pump ran full time for hours & wouldn't shut off (got really hot too). Takes about 10min. to change over from P1 to P2 and I'm back in biz. Now I have the new ShurFlo installed (3 year no questions exchange warranty, woo hoo) & back in biz, again.

Also, try whole-house RO: Vagabond RO System sized for a motorhome or 5er. You fill coach tank w/fabulous water wherever you are. Fill rate is a bit slow if city pressure isn't great, so I added a an RO Booster Pump for 20+ gph fill rate even @ 25psi city water in Mexico. Best thing I've added for my coach period.

How about House/Chassis battery gauges, to tell at a glance whuzup w/charging:

Note how chassis volts are lower than house- at a glance I know chassis isn't charging. Neat. A pair of Radio Shack 22-410 analog gauges work great (I checked out digital types but the needle type are easier to read the disparity).
Baja-tested '08 2-slide 36'
Alpine: The Ultimate DIY'er Project
EngineerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:31 PM   #18
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa View Post
Here's how I've fared:
  1. Adco cover - already gave up the idea and will probably eBay it
  2. Valve extensions for the rear tires. So far so good and should work well with...
  3. Tire Pressure Monitor System - bought but not yet installed. It's a safety thing
  4. Surge Protector/Circuit tester - expensive. It's a safety thing, too.
  5. Considering a macerator pump, but no deal so far -- I'm not yet convinced I need it but wait til after a few longer trips. Will I succumb?
Our Roadtrek came with the TPMS from GM. What I did purchase was a Air Compressor. I found out right away that a little driving changes the tire pressure considerably. Therefore, checking the pressure and then driving a mile or so to add air was counterproductive. This compressor has had plenty of use in the past six months. BTW, it is light enough and relatively compact enough for the Roadtrek in which space is at a premium.

I already spoke my piece earlier on the EMS -- the number one add-on.

I have only used a Macerator so my advice may not be that helpful. I have found, however, that it is a clean efficient way to dump. I find there is no need to wear gloves, for example. I doubt that washing my hands after is even absolutely necessary since only a little dirt and dust touches me. (Well, if you don't keep an eye on the business end, you could be sorry.)

In any event, there is saving money and there is making life easier... never the twain shall meet.
RonBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #19
Winnebago Owners Club
I left out the air compressor, but have one. A nice additional use for it is that it has a blower attachment.

Encouraging words regarding the Macerator system.
2009 Itasca Suncruiser 35L
Tampa, FL
Rich_in_Tampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #20
Newmar Owners Club
Hi Rich,
If you purchase a macerator, get the one with the grey water bypass. I have a macerator. It works as advertised. I do like it. It does not have the grey water bypass. I regret not spending the extra $s for this feature. With 5+ people in the coach, tanks fill quickly.

I will always have a macerator, but when this one breaks or my portfolio returns to pre depression levels I'll buy the one with the grey water bypass.

2005 Newmar KSDP 3910 + GMC ENVOY XUV 37K lbs Moving Down The Road
The Avatar Is Many Times Around The USA
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote