Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-07-2014, 01:53 PM   #15
Tiffin Owners Club
Originally Posted by Skyy54 View Post
Thanks, I was looking at 4. Monaco, Holiday Rambler, Newmar & Beaver
Keep in mind that three of these are all made by the same mfg...you can add a fourth to that list..Safari.

Newmar makes a great coach and you probably can't go wrong with any of their DPs.

As for slide outs.... being FT'ers, I most definitely would want four slides...especially opposing slides in the living room. Makes a huge difference. I would also go with the largest mh I could find. Two bathrooms are quite handy also.

Good luck in your search.

Ron, Sandie, and Maggie May
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH
2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2014, 01:53 PM   #16
Commercial Member
Originally Posted by Skyy54 View Post
Help a poor girl out, we want to trade up from our 1998 Monaco Dynasty, which has only 1 slide and we need at least one more for the bedroom area. I've been looking at Coaches but my head is spinning! We plan to live in our Coach full time and I really would like a bedroom I can move in plus a reliable Coach. What's reliable out there in the 2003 - 2010 range!! Thanks in advance & sorry for the long read

Call RV Inspection Connection. They'll inspect the RV and even do fluid analysis on the engine oil and coolant, the transmission fluid, and the generator oil and coolant.

Just like a home inspection !!!

Tom Johnson
Former Allison Transmission Fluids Engineer, "Mr. TranSynd"
President and Founder at JG Lubricant Services, LLC
hzjcm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 02:09 PM   #17
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
Opinions are free, so here's mine for what its worth...

Look for a 3 slide coach instead of a 4. Two smallish slides in the bedroom become huge advantages if you FT...and they rarely malfunction.

OTOH, a large slide that holds the kitchen supports a ton of weight, and would be the first to fail. Also, cabinets are smaller on a slide than a fixed wall.
We've had two Dutch Stars, both have had the galley in a slide and they've been the most reliable slides.
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:07 PM   #18
I moved up from a single slide Imperial to a 4 slide Safari Panther and I love it. The extra room is incredible and makes it so much more comfortable. Make sure you have it inspected, test the oil and trans fluid and make sure there is enough aisle room when the slides are in since that is what you will have while you are traveling.
slemnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:29 PM   #19
Thanks to all who replied, I definitely gained useful information

[SIZE="2"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]:
Lee & Deanna plus the Yorkie who is boss
1998 Monaco Dynasty PBS/325 Cummins/40'
Skyy54 is offline   Reply With Quote