Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2011, 12:04 PM   #29

Jeez, I didn't say I was going to pull the aircraft over and check it
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2011, 04:54 PM   #30

Send a message via AIM to Stevepkam Send a message via Yahoo to Stevepkam
Thanks BABRede. Just ordered a 10 system 507 with replaceable batteries from Diana. You're right, she is great. She was at an RV rally in FL and stepped out of the tent to take my order and answer some questions. Thanks again
Stevepkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:54 PM   #31

Damon Owners Club
All TPMS systems are capable of failure and causing a loss of pressure. You are
adding another potential problem. Check you pressure before each trip, visually
check your tires at each stop. Consider an infrared hand help thermometer and
take your tire temps at each stop. A low tire will run hotter.
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:15 AM   #32

My TST system reads both tire pressure and temperature. I also use an infared thermometer to read each hub and tire at stops as a double check. It's like wearing a belt and suspenders on your pants.
wazone3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #33

I tried to instal the TST (Trck System Technologies System Mod 507 on my 2011 Monarch and wasn't able to put sensors on the front tires. The sensors wouldn't fit through the space in the "hub cap" (don't know what else to call it). What did other people do? Won't be a problem on rear tires because of extendors Monaco already has on the rear dual tires.
Thanks for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABrede View Post
I'll throw in my vote for the TST (Truck System Technologies) TPMS. I just bought a mod 507, 10 tire system from Plug It Right . Diana was great to deal with. I wish more suppliers were like them. Plus I think they are a vendor here on iRV2. The units were on sale for less then buying direct from TST. I'm very happy with my system. Like Hal, don't know how I got by without it.

I'd also like to add that I had our coach weighed and now I know EXACTLY how much pressure to run in each tire. I had ours weighed at Escapees in Livingston, TX. They weigh each corner, not just the axle. I also now know that I've gotta go on a diet. http://www.irv2.com/forums/images/smilies/angel.gif

Kerry B.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:04 PM   #34

Hi Steve, I'm not that familiar with the Monarch but feel the only thing you need to do is get a set of extensions for the front wheels. Any good tire store/shop should be able to help you out with what type of extension would work best with your wheels.
You could also contact whichever dealer you purchased your system from to see if they can offer any help. Hope this helps, Diana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevepkam View Post
I tried to instal the TST (Trck System Technologies System Mod 507 on my 2011 Monarch and wasn't able to put sensors on the front tires. The sensors wouldn't fit through the space in the "hub cap" (don't know what else to call it). What did other people do? Won't be a problem on rear tires because of extendors Monaco already has on the rear dual tires.
Thanks for help.
2015 1 ton auto single cab 2 wheel drive 3500 Ram Dually. Western Pearl Brown, 410 Aisin Trans, Pace Eds roll top cover. 1996/2015 3axle Carriage, BF Auto Level, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
Dutch & Diana Irrgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:17 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Steve, I think I have the same issue. I can get the sensors on the front but cannot use the included "wrench" that TST supplies. I made my own tool, if that is your problem let me know and I'll post it.
Buford B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:25 AM   #36

I received the TireTraker in the mail yesterday. Have some reservations as to whether or not the wheel covers will interfere with the sensors but, I'll find out today. One note, the manual makes a point of saying "the Monitor/Receiver comes pre-charged...", mine was deader than a door nail. Not a big deal it's in the truck charging now, just hope it isn't a sign of things to come.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:05 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buford B View Post
Steve, I think I have the same issue. I can get the sensors on the front but cannot use the included "wrench" that TST supplies. I made my own tool, if that is your problem let me know and I'll post it.
Buford,
I have received (but not installed) the TST system and can see that I am going to have the same problem. Would like information on the tool that you made.
Thanks
Terry
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buford B View Post

Buford, That seems to be the problem. I took off the outer "security thing" and it screwed on ok. Yes, please post the tool.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
I removed the small phillips screw that holds the plastic handle on the TST tool. I had a 3/16" rod laying around so I bent it into a tee handle and silver soldered it to the remnant of the TST tool. Quick and dirty but it works for me. You can get the materials at Lowe's or Home Depot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3997.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	9925  
Buford B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABrede View Post
I'll throw in my vote for the TST (Truck System Technologies) TPMS. I just bought a mod 507, 10 tire system from Plug It Right . Diana was great to deal with. I wish more suppliers were like them. Plus I think they are a vendor here on iRV2. The units were on sale for less then buying direct from TST. I'm very happy with my system. Like Hal, don't know how I got by without it.

I'd also like to add that I had our coach weighed and now I know EXACTLY how much pressure to run in each tire. I had ours weighed at Escapees in Livingston, TX. They weigh each corner, not just the axle. I also now know that I've gotta go on a diet. http://www.irv2.com/forums/images/smilies/angel.gif

Kerry B.
This is the unit and place to get it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Traveler52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by VietVet View Post
Best system is a hammer and thump the tires every stop
Just like a cave man!!!
Traveler52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:08 AM   #42

UPDATE- Installed the TireTraker today. Other than the problem taking the wheel covers off (an exercise that I later figured out wasn't necessary) I adjusted all tires to the desired pressures and installed the sensors as per the instructions. They recommend installing all 6 sensors and then setting the baseline pressures. As soon as the sensor installation step was completed, all sensors went into alert as they should have, (the factory baselines are 72.5 psi). After the baseline setting step was completed it took about 15 minutes for the system to recognize the new baselines and now works exactly as advertised. Total installation time, about 30 minutes including the 15 waiting for the baseline recognition step.

Very happy with the product and the quick shipping time.