Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2019, 08:56 PM   #1

Independent Diesel Service in NE Florida?

I've searched the archives quite a bit and tried the various review sites but not finding many recommendations.

Does anyone here live in Northeast Florida and use an independent truck shop for chassis/engine service on their diesel pusher?

Thanks
ASU777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2019, 05:11 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Here is a good site to find a service/towing company. No cost to subscribe.

https://www.truckdown.com/
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:12 AM   #3

Have you checked RV Service Reviews
Old 07-21-2019, 04:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
Have you checked RV Service Reviews
Yes, thanks. There's not much there with more than 1-2 reviews for my part of Florida.

It seems Central Florida tends to have a higher number of these independent truck shops that don't mind working on RVs, probably because there's a large customer base. It may very well be that there's just not a lot of independent places for diesel RVs here given we have a major CAT and Cummins operation locally.

I'll probably just go talk to a few places and get one thing done at a time to see how it goes.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:48 PM   #5

https://mcgeetirecommercial.com/tire...ytona-beach-fl

Florida Detroit Diesel-Allison | Locations | Jacksonville
Old 07-21-2019, 10:11 PM   #6

floridashorestruckcenter.com Down to earth folks, there not cheap but fair. Won't charge you for nonsense that does not need to be done. I had them replace airbags on my Beaver and the markup on parts was quite reasonable
BeaverDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 04:32 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Alliance Coach in Wildwood FL (Ocala) is very good (that's sort of NE FL).

https://www.alliancecoach.com/service/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	254163  
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:11 AM   #8

We live in Jacksonville and find the same problem. We have taken our Beaver to ABS on Lane Ave for oil change and chassis lube. They were close to $1,000 less than Cummins.
Jimymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:01 AM   #9

Cummins Coach Care is who I use for repairs beyond your normal engine, genny and chassis PM's.

For just plain service on the engine (oil change, oil filter, fuel filters and water filter), chassis lube and generator oil and filter changes take a short ride up to Speedco's Brunswick GA location. You will be in and out without an appointment in an hour or two and spend less than $400 .

My service for all of the above on my C displacment Cummins (forerunner of the ISC) was $312 in May. That included all filters except the genny fuel filter as it was not due for a change.

The benefit of the Speedco run is all of your fluids will be hot and therefore you will get a good drain.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:59 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerBoater View Post
Cummins Coach Care is who I use for repairs beyond your normal engine, genny and chassis PM's.

For just plain service on the engine (oil change, oil filter, fuel filters and water filter), chassis lube and generator oil and filter changes take a short ride up to Speedco's Brunswick GA location. You will be in and out without an appointment in an hour or two and spend less than $400 .

My service for all of the above on my C displacment Cummins (forerunner of the ISC) was $312 in May. That included all filters except the genny fuel filter as it was not due for a change.

The benefit of the Speedco run is all of your fluids will be hot and therefore you will get a good drain.
Do they tend to have all of the filters you need or do you bring a set? I imagine they are all pretty common but don't know for sure.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:40 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredinFL View Post
Do they tend to have all of the filters you need or do you bring a set? I imagine they are all pretty common but don't know for sure.

They usually have all of the filters in stock, however they did not have my secondary fuel filter on last visit so they installed my spare.

They really do not care if you supply the filters or purchase from Speedco...however their prices for the filters are excellent.

If you are a first timer at Speedco, do not follow the trucks to the back side of the service center. Park out front and go in, they will direct you to go head first into one of the bays.

They will also check your rear differential fluid as part of the service.

Oil analysis on-site is available for a small fee.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:03 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredinFL View Post
I've searched the archives quite a bit and tried the various review sites but not finding many recommendations.

Does anyone here live in Northeast Florida and use an independent truck shop for chassis/engine service on their diesel pusher?

Thanks
Not all that far from NE Florida is Cummins in Albany,Ga ...I've found them fair and knowledgeable and priced fairly.....Will Service engine and gen the same time,tech on each,
Have hookup out front to get there the night before.....C
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 02:49 PM   #13

Thanks all. Some really good ideas and options.

Tags
diesel, florida, service