Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2019, 03:33 PM   #1

Indoor climate controlled storage

Anyone know where we can find indoor storage for 42’ motor home.
Looking for all options in the USA.
Cfyanes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2019, 04:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfyanes View Post
NIRVC has 4 locations, but some have a waiting list. Really GOOD folks to deal with.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 06:45 PM   #3

Where in the USA would you prefer? It's a big place l have several lists in my files somewhere of various storage facilities and I can look to see how many are climate controlled.

Climate controlled can have several meanings too. Some are heated only, some a/c only, and some both and it will depend on what part of the country they are located. The ones in Alaska (or in western Washington or western Oregon), for instance, will have only heated facilities as they really have no need for a big a/c controlled building as it rarely gets that hot in the summer to need it. Some places in the desert southwest have only facilities that have a/c with no heat as seldom will a prolonged hard freeze occur in the winter where there's a threat of RV pipes cracking as just being indoors during the short freezing temperatures at night is usually not enough to cause damage because just because of being indoors and sheltered from wind and exposure to elements ...yes, it will get below freezing at night but usually not long enough to cause damage to vehicles stored indoors.

Off the top of my head, I'll give a few now:

Friends of ours in the Tri-Cities area (Richland, Pasco, Kennewick) of Washington state have in the past used Broadmoor Storage and were pleased. I believe their facilities are both heated and cooled but you'd have to check to make sure. ...go HERE for their website.

When we were in the Cleveland area some years back, an acquaintance recommended a storage facility to some relatives of ours. I believe their facility is only heated but you'd have to check. ...go HERE for website.

We discussed this place in a recent thread and it's located in the Nashville area. It is brand new and getting ready to open in the near future. ...go HERE for Safe Motor Storage website

These mentioned are "community" storage where all boats and RVs re in the same building. There are also place where you have your own stall but that's more rare and tend to be a lot more expensive.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:55 PM   #4

Colorado, Arizona would be a couple places of interest. Arizona in the summer, Colorado winter storage
Cfyanes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:02 PM   #5

These are from the notes in my log from talking to others. I have not personally used these and am only including one that have positive comments.

It seems as most in Colorado and Arizona are garage/stall -type spaces as opposed to the "community" building where everybody is in the same large open are inside.

Colorado:

Noco Premier RV & Boat Storage

Recreational Storage Solutions

Platte Indoor Mega Storage

Arizona:

RV SuperStorage

Arrowhead RV & Boat Storage

Dockside Storage - Lake Havasu

I may be able to find a few more and if so, I'll post them later.

A friend who saw my previous post who lives in the Phoenix area emailed me and said that not all inside RV storage will be air conditioned so check with the storage facility. Some feel they need a/c and some don't. We would store our motorhomes for extended periods of time in southern Nevada where the temperatures were sometimes above 115 degrees as we didn't want to pay for a/c storage. Only had one incident where a foot and a half piece of wood trim above a cabinet became unglued and fell to the floor. No biggie --just glued it back up.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfyanes View Post
If you are still in the Maryland area, I Googled indoor rv storage in Maryland and got half a dozen hits.

2013 Ford CMax hybrid toad.
av8tor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:51 AM   #7

We are in central az, and to my knowledge climate controlled indoor storage doesn't exist here. We built our own garage next to the house for that reason. When we were in IL we found a great concept; an industrial condo. The complex had about 30 units and people used them for all kinds of things from vehicle storage to businesses, to man caves. We bought ours, but you could rent them too. Just like other condos, you controlled your own heat. Ours didn't have air but some people put air in. My point is wherever you are google industrial condo. You might find options you wouldn't otherwise find.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 11:04 AM   #8

When I used to live in San Diego there were a couple of places. Can’t remember the names but if you Google RV Storage in San Diego they will come up. I believe that Palm Springs has a few too.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, indoor, led, storage