Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2016, 07:01 AM   #1

Info regarding some servicing and ext warranty

We recently purchased an 07 HR Endeavor with the 400 ISL with 40K miles on it from a used RV dealer. they did not offer extended warranty purchase. Am I able to purchased a warranty for this coach? if so, any suggestions with who? regarding servicing, I am mechanically inclined and I would like to service the coach prior to putting it on the road. other than changing the oil/filter, fuel filters, lubing the chasis and flushing the radiator, any other suggestions for preventative maintenance? the coach is on a Monaco roadmaster. any do's or don't i need to know about, anything about anything will be appreciated. my wife and I recently retired and we are going to begin our RV adventures, and I would like to do so as worry free as possible. Thanks,

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2016, 09:14 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Air dryer service, air filter if more than 3years a rd old. Full service on Gen, look at all systems for cleaning heat, hot water, water system sanitizing. Look at all slide systems. If wet front wheel bearings service. Check and service batteries, both house and chassis. Good luck and have fun.

LEN

Old 05-25-2016, 09:16 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
We recently did the same as your plan. Bought nice used MH in 2014 to get ready for 2016 retirement. Changed out all fluids and filters, chassis lube, oil in hubs as appropriate changed. All slide seals changed. Retired April 30th. Went to leave May 1st and 2 slides won't retract. Seals coming off and bunching up. Problem fixed. Left, and Travel mode on air suspension faulted and we were going down the road with a pronounced Port list. Finally after working all the bugs out for 2 years we had to kick a new set of bugs out. Not trying to discourage you. We are having a ball. Leaving Albuquerque NM today for Arizona. My point is that relatively trouble free is going to be a moving target and all part of the adventure. Your description of your preps seem right on target. Watch your target because it's going to move. Have fun and I hope your target is a sluggish one!
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 01:25 PM   #4

I bought a 2009 Gulfstream Tourmaster Constellation 45g. Have had it for 1 year and I believe in keeping the rv serviced. I take mine to Lazydays in Tampa, Florida to have a complete service done yearly. They have different levels of service; silver , gold, and platinum. Something they told me that I would like to pass on to my fellow RVers if you transmission has transynd fluid it is good for 100k to 150k miles as long as the filters are changed every 25k miles.
Old 05-25-2016, 05:36 PM   #5

info

Thank you for the replies. How about purchasing the warranty service. my current quote is $9200. for four years. I realize one big item can cost that much, but the reputation of the pusher being "bullet proof" seems to sway me away from purchasing it. any insight, pros and cons from experience. our coach is extremely clean and appears to have been well cared for, but you never know i guess. any help will be appreciated Thnx again!
Old 05-25-2016, 07:36 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweedo295 View Post
Thank you for the replies. How about purchasing the warranty service. my current quote is $9200. for four years. I realize one big item can cost that much, but the reputation of the pusher being "bullet proof" seems to sway me away from purchasing it. any insight, pros and cons from experience. our coach is extremely clean and appears to have been well cared for, but you never know i guess. any help will be appreciated Thnx again!
I bought a 6K 4 year plan when I bought the coach 2 years ago. My main concern was the engine or transmission. It may have had hidden problems that I would find out about in 6 or 8 months. Everything else I can afford to fix or replace. The warranty has spent about 4K so far in fixing little things. I would do it again. It is a lot of peace of mind. Others here will tell you to just save money to fix anything and that is a good plan except, in my opinion, when you are talking about a 35K engine replacement. I'm happy with the peace of mind.
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:38 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I just bought an extended waranty through Good Sam for my Camelot. It is 1 year and ran just over 1200.00. It has a 1000.00 dollar deductible. I just wanted it to cover something major. You can also get the extended seals and gaskets for around 260.00 dollars more. They also have lower deductibles if you want. Regards Marc
Old 05-25-2016, 08:33 PM   #8

I'm glad I bought an extended service policy. In May 2014 I had Freightliner in Gaffney do a 40 k miles service on my coach. In July 2014, the fan mounting bracket broke in Ohio on the way to Iowa. It also took a bunch of other things with it. My policy paid VB about $13,000 and I paid about $1,200 that the insurance didn't cover. The insurance also paid the tow bill and 3 nights in a motel (we were in the motel for an additional 3 days that the insurance didn't pay for).
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 02:59 AM   #9

I purchased an extended warranty with my 2009. You can check with USA out of Miami, Florida. I believe mine was 7k for 4years $ 100.00 deductable per incident. The best part is that they cover almost everything.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:09 AM   #10

extended warranty

Thanks for the replies, the company i'm considering also covers consequential damage. Perhaps I'll try the one year plan to make certain the Eng/Trans are in good working order, since they are the most expensive to repair. I'm mechanically inclined (Not a mechanic) and I am very good at servicing all my vehicles. we plan on several trips within the next year. a peace of mind is always good, I think if there is a hidden issue, it should rear its head within that time period. Thanks Again!