Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-16-2014, 09:46 AM   #1
Inside Control Panel blinking radically

Hey guys,

I am at a loss.

I had to take my RV in for brake service and after it set up there for a week the house Batteries went dead.

Well, after I got it home I plugged it into a 50 amp hook up we had installed and everything works properly (except the pump, but I will tackle that topic later if I need too.)

But, the inside control panel is blinking everywhere... I am sure it is some sort of pattern, but I just cant figure out why.

I clicked the "inverter" and the "charge" button and left it sitting over night thinking maybe it just needed to charge the house batteries. (And I also topped off all the house batteries with distilled water too)

Well, this morning, still has the crazy blinking. I clicked off the charge and the inverter button...but I am not sure anything is working properly with all this blinking going on. LOL

Thanks in advance for the help.

true520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2014, 10:05 AM   #2
Have you checked your batteries? They may be done.

dvmweb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:07 AM   #3

Depending on your invertor/charger, there might be a "force charge" setting, enable it. My batteries would not accept charge if completely dead, so I used a regular battery charger to get them to take charge, then turned on the invertor/charger and they fully charged. Only afterwards did I read the invertor manual and discover the "force charge" setting.
I have no idea if that works for your rig though.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:18 AM   #4
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2--When you get a chance, post the year and model of your RV, chassis and engine info. Helps chase down a problem.
If you have a Freightliner chassis with the Medallion III gauges, the message center running in a "chase" pattern indicates it is not communicating with the Vehicle Data Computer. (VDC) Could very easily be weak batteries on the chassis. Did it work normally after the ABS repair, could be the mech's left something disconnected, the ABS feeds into that system.

More info here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/go...44_sbu5412.pdf
Hooligan, Pensacola, Fl -U.S. Coast Guard 1956-1985
2016 Thor Siesta Sprinter 24ST diesel
Our Pug "Lily" & "George" the Newfoundland
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:30 AM   #5
Fleetwood Owners Club
My Providence did that once and I had to disconect the Telephone type connecter at the charger and plug it back in to establish communication with the panel.
stuhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:42 AM   #6

Rig is a 2002 Damon Escaper with a Spartan chassis and 350 horse Cummins. Has a Freedom 458 series inverter charger.

I have read the little "remote control Panel" booklet as well as some of the instruction manual.
I must say, I thought I was reasonably intelligent until I started reading this crap. LOL
I can't find anywhere where it talks about all the lights flashing at the same time tho.

It done this exact thing when we first purchased the machine but we just took it back to the dealer and they poked a few buttons and told us we had let the Home batteries go dead... We installed a 50 amp power box outside and have since kept it plugged in so it has always worked perfectly even while we were gone on trips.
Of course I picked it up late Friday evening and the maintenance shop wont be open till Monday...challenge is, we have to make an appointment and the wait for them to get to it. We were planning on leaving next Monday for a 2 week joy ride.

I feel like it has thrown a code and I just don't know how to reset it.

I will try unplugging those phone hook ups and see if that helps.

I may try taking a picture or short video and see if that helps explain.

Thanks for all the help too.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:29 AM   #7
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Unplug the remote from the 458. Turn the 458 OFF. Plug the remote back in and turn ON the 458 FROM THE REMOTE.
'97 Bounder 34V, F53 7.5L-460
Old Bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:19 PM   #8
Whoop Whoop!

I unplugged the little phone jacks from the inverter and it sit for a few minutes.
Plugged them back in and the flashing stopped!

I will have the batteries checked before I leave, but they are showing 13.5 volts on the control panel now.

Now onto my next fix. LOL

Thanks for all the help
Old 03-17-2014, 01:15 AM   #9
Another fix for the "flashing" PROBLEM is to remove the ground battery cable for a few seconds then reconnect.

Glad you got it fixed.
GPWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:46 AM   #10
Monaco Owners Club
HI ...my 1999 Diplomat did the same thing and it turned out to be discharged batteries.
I removed all 6 batteries and bench charged them back to full power, now all is well .

Happy RVing

Arnie & Sandi 1999 Monaco Diplomat
2008 Ultra Classic Harley 2006 Jeep Wrangler 4" lft
Launching Pad ... La Plata Maryland
Happy RVer is offline   Reply With Quote