Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2014, 01:33 PM   #15

Hope your luck is better than mine we've been waiting for a compressor for our whirlpool 10.5 cf refrigerator for six weeks I just got off the phone with customer service it looks like it's going to be at least another three to four weeks on back order. She was apologetic but that doesn't go very far we're getting tired of using it as an icebox. I went to the local pawn shop and bought a dorm size refer but it only holds a half gallon of milk and a slice or two of bacon. So far they have said nothing about it being installed in a motor home so I guess we will see what happens,maybe, someday.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2014, 06:52 PM   #16

Samsung works on msw with no issues because it has 110 12 volt system and controls are all 12v and it is rectified. I do not know what other brands have but my samsung has worked for several years. I can not say the same for the 110 1500 watt edenpure heater I tried to use on msw.

Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:50 PM   #17

We never ran the whirlpool on inverter and only ran on generator a couple of times. Like others I would buy samsung if they made one that would fit in the space I have.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
I've had the Whirlpool in the motor home for 2years, running on the magnum msw inverter, no problem.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:08 PM   #19

How did you get your fridge out? My 3yr Norcold 1211IM died just last week. I found a residential fridge that looks like it would fit. We have a 2012 Itasca Sunova 33C (which we love). My inverter is only 1kw but I wasn't planing on running it off the inverter since we only boondock traveling between locations (ie. Walmart or Cracker Barrel). I finally discovered that the Norcold was leaking yellow fluid, I knew it was dead. Thanks to this forum.
When. Called a local repair place in Key West, I was stunned to find out the repair is going to be $2300. I found a residential fridge for $1500. Well I also learned that my Norcold was installed as the MH was being built. So inorder to get it out, I'd have to take the front windshield out. I'm not sure how much that would cost. So I decided to stick with repairing my Norcold.
So I was wondering how you got yours out of the MH?
Old 02-13-2015, 08:17 PM   #20

I wouldn't worry about getting the old norcold out as long as the new one will come in thru the door a saws all will take care of removal. Pull the cooling unit off and split the box with the saw took me about an hour to get ours out it was junk anyway.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:15 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ht4cae View Post
How did you get your fridge out? My 3yr Norcold 1211IM died just last week. I found a residential fridge that looks like it would fit. We have a 2012 Itasca Sunova 33C (which we love). My inverter is only 1kw but I wasn't planing on running it off the inverter since we only boondock traveling between locations (ie. Walmart or Cracker Barrel). I finally discovered that the Norcold was leaking yellow fluid, I knew it was dead. Thanks to this forum.
When. Called a local repair place in Key West, I was stunned to find out the repair is going to be $2300. I found a residential fridge for $1500. Well I also learned that my Norcold was installed as the MH was being built. So inorder to get it out, I'd have to take the front windshield out. I'm not sure how much that would cost. So I decided to stick with repairing my Norcold.
So I was wondering how you got yours out of the MH?

I had mine removed and the RR frig installed about 2 years ago and they removed a side window and has been on the inverter 100% of the time. This is an install just like mine but on an 07, I turn off the ice maker to save on power going down the road to save the alternator.
Samsung Refrigerator Install
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 03:17 PM   #22

My old Norcold 1200 came out a passenger window and the Samsung went in the same opening. I did not have to remove the window, just opened it all the way and the refrigerators cleared the opening (with doors off) by an inch or so. I did have to move the J sofa, valence and window screen.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 04:44 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Installation of new Residential Refrigerator... Question on Inverter

I pulled the (4) doors and the cooling unit off and it came out the front door with very little effort. Getting the new one in is at least as difficult.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:49 PM   #24

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Inverter can handle the load, No problem.

To figure out which witch is which (Which is the inverter powered outlet) you will need... A night light or other lamp, nothing more

Unplug from shore power
If inverter not already on turn it on
DO NOT start generator

Plug in, if light lights,, INVERTER POWERED

(IF not, then not)

next step,, Find the SUB panel (the one with the breakers for inverter stuff, may be part of inverter) If you can find the breaker that feeds that outlet. 15 amp you can just plug into it, 5 amp... Might work, might not, (Try it). but it will most likely be 15 amp.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:41 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
ht4cae:
I removed the Norcold 1211 and installed a Samsung 197 in my 2009 Journey. Both went thru the front doors. Had to remove the doors from both fridges, the passenger seat and the front door "hold/stop" bar so the door opened 180 degrees. That provided almost the entire width of the door frame to get the fridges thru - this was not difficult to do or reinstall. Suspect you should be also be able to do the same thing - I had about 1" clearance thru the door frame. Good luck,
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:44 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
When we bought our MADP. part of the deal was to replace a cracked windshield. We negotiated replacing the Norcold with a Samsung while the windshield was out. It has ran flawlessly on the MSW Magnum. If the ME 3100 ever goes out, I'll replace it with a MS 2812 PSW inverter.
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:20 AM   #27

Smile Update on progress

I checked all my options
1- fix existing fridge
2- replace with residential fridge
After checking all that had to be done and any restrictions, I decicded to fix the original. Here's why. Old fridge would require taking out front windshield or destroying fridge to get out the door. However, new fridge would not fit in the door. So taking out windshield was only option. As it turns out the fridge I wanted won't find the opening. It was very tight. Additionally, I could only run residential while plugged in or on generator. My inverted was only 1000 watt, not enough for fridge. When I added up all the costs, fixing my existing was best and cheapest option.
When the repair folks (Spindrift, in Key West, FL) did a great job but also pointed out my model was the old design. It's 2011 not a 2012 model. The new coils are a better design. As it turn out my recall switch probably saved me a fire when it tripped. As part of the install, I got a new recall switch, so I saved the old one, just in case. Watching these 2 guys work, I was glad I didn't take on the job myself. It not a one man show. They were finished in 3 hours and now I have a very cold fridge. I'm a happy camper because my wife is HAPPY.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:21 AM   #28

Sounds like a reasonable decision to me. I hope it continues sto work well for you.

1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, inverter, refrigerator