Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2012, 05:20 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Installing IBC Brushes - aka "The Hula Skirt"

If you have installed the IBC Brushes or Hula Skirt on their motorhome I'd like to hear how they went on. I'm seriously considering them, however I don't want to buy something that can't be made to fit my installation.

My motorhome like most modern units does not have a metal bumper. In the picture of the brushes, it appears as if there is a clip that fits over the fiberglass and my guess is they are screwed through the clip and fiberglass at the bottom of the back end cap.

Any pictures of the install would be helpful.

Thanks.
bandirector is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2012, 06:21 AM   #2

I bought a 1in X 1in angle iron and mounted the skirt to that about 2ft from the rear. Be sure to keep the bristles at least 2in off the pavement. I would not want the stress of wind at 60mph pulling on the fiberglass. I have a dirt skirt (hard rubber) now that I like better.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Have you ever watched a coach with a hula skirt going down the road? The thing is flying in the breeze and basically does nothing to prevent debris from getting on the toad so if you are going this route, save your money.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:07 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for your opinion on installing the brushes on a motorhome however that wasn't the question.
bandirector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #5

Wink I had one.

This is the type of skirt I had on mine and yes it was attached to the fiberglass bumper....Don't Do It This Way! When the back end came close to the ground it would bend and rip out some of the rivets holding it on cracking the fiberglass at the same time. The best would be as stated by fixing it on an angle iron and fixing that to the frame. Try to get it close to the ground without touching.

I don't believe what someone said about them being useless, but they don't work as well as the rubber style and they're not the same price either.

I'm sure what you have chosen will work well.