Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2016, 07:51 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Installing new water pressure tank

I have to replace the 2 gallon pressure accumulator tank in the water system. Going to order the same tank but i am thinking about mounting it so it is vertical not horizontal to the water bay floor. Would be just easier to do it this way in terms of draining the tank for winterizing and an occasional flush out. I already have a drain valve installed so need to cut in a new valve.

Has anybody done this mod before ? I will just have to make a bracket mount to hold it vertical.There is plenty of room to do this.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rv water manifold wall mounted.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	134034  

Chuck and Robbin Harrison....plus 2 PB and a G Pyrenees Max,Zenie and Smokie ! 1998 38' Monaco Dynasty Duke with a 8.3 Cummins. Everyday truck is a 2010 F150 XLT 4x4 and 2016 Ford Escape. TOAD is 2004 VW Bug Conv.
Migkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2016, 09:25 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Haven't done that mod. But our last coach had the tank mounted vertically. Can't think that would be a problem and that it would function better as water is heavy and air bladder would push better.
I haven't seen a pressurize tank in any of the newer coaches. Because of that, hot water heater PT relief valve weeps/leak. My Suburban water heater manual says if PT valve dripping to install a pressure tank to control expansion. Good luck

skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:33 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot_1 View Post
Haven't done that mod. But our last coach had the tank mounted vertically. Can't think that would be a problem and that it would function better as water is heavy and air bladder would push better.
I haven't seen a pressurize tank in any of the newer coaches. Because of that, hot water heater PT relief valve weeps/leak. My Suburban water heater manual says if PT valve dripping to install a pressure tank to control expansion. Good luck
Thanks ! I had taken the tank out to drain it since i was re-doing the water system. When i held the tank up to drain it started out as a light brown color which then went to a very dark rusty brown color. I assumed the bladder had failed causing it to leak and then rusting the inside of the tank....hence a new tank is in order. That surprises me they don't have pressure tanks installed anymore....saves the water pump from cycling to much. Maybe they have something else in new technology !!

Chuck
Chuck and Robbin Harrison....plus 2 PB and a G Pyrenees Max,Zenie and Smokie ! 1998 38' Monaco Dynasty Duke with a 8.3 Cummins. Everyday truck is a 2010 F150 XLT 4x4 and 2016 Ford Escape. TOAD is 2004 VW Bug Conv.
Old 07-24-2016, 11:00 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I put one in our last coach. It was mounted vertical and worked great! Have thought about doing it to the current coach. Not sure where to mount it yet.
They make a big difference when running the pump for water.
Old 07-24-2016, 05:32 PM   #5

The newer method is to use a bypass water pump that doesn't need an accumulator tank. You get to use that space to load up some more junk for the next trip and if I remember correctly, the new pump is about $65.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:20 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot_1 View Post
From another post i see you were a F4 driver ! I was a crew chief on the F4Ds at Udorn RTAFB during Vietnam. Thanks for your flying experience with the Phantom!!

Chuck
Old 07-25-2016, 11:24 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by alank View Post
The newer method is to use a bypass water pump that doesn't need an accumulator tank. You get to use that space to load up some more junk for the next trip and if I remember correctly, the new pump is about $65.
I know there was a new pump installed before we bought the coach last year. I will check and see what type it is. I think i would rather have a separate pressure tank.

Tags
install, tank, water, water pressure