Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2016, 07:54 AM   #1
WDW

Installing Sani Con

I'm considering installing a Sani Con box system in our middle bay. We have two sets of tanks and, the forward tank is a PITA to hook up the hose and we dump it less often.

The connection to the waste connection and pump will be fairly level. But I sure the force of a full tank and gray water should create sufficient force.

Anyone with any experience installing this in a similar situation!

2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH
2015 Jeep Roadmaster AT. tow bar with RVI2 supplemental.

Taking in the sight wherever our Trolley takes us...

WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2016, 08:18 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I don't have the experience you are asking for, but I do have a SaniCon and you don't neet to worry about tank force. It is a suction system, after you open the drain valve and let the liquid fill the Sanicon 3" hose, you turn the motor on. Then the Sanicon motor sucks the waste from the drain opening into the motor impeller and then out through the hose.

Sounds like a simple fix for your problem.

Mark

Doc Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:23 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
From what you describe it will be fine. Pump away.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:32 AM   #4

I'm also considering a Sani Con system. My we have a macerating toilet already but dumping is inconvenient because of how I need to store the 3" hose. I need to be very careful to avoid spills in the wet bay. I'm concerned about how long it takes to dump plus, gray water bypass use, reliability, and tank emptying and rinsing.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:47 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The time to dump is extended considerably using a macerator pump. Rather than a couple few minutes with stinky slinky hose, it takes me 10-15 minutes. But it is convenient and cleaner.

I am not so concerned about the tank getting well flushed, if so then just use the tank flush more often.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:53 AM   #6

I choose not to use the grey water bypass, instead I use the grey water to flush the black tank.
After emptying the black tank turn off the SaniCon and open the valve for both tanks. Since the grey water can't go out it will flow into the blank tank until the level in the two tanks is the same. Close the grey valve and empty the blank tank again. Repeat as you like. Just be sure and leave enough water in the grey tank that you can use that to flush out the SaniCon hose, that way you don't leave black water in the hose.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:26 AM   #7
WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podivin View Post
I choose not to use the grey water bypass, instead I use the grey water to flush the black tank.
After emptying the black tank turn off the SaniCon and open the valve for both tanks. Since the grey water can't go out it will flow into the blank tank until the level in the two tanks is the same. Close the grey valve and empty the blank tank again. Repeat as you like. Just be sure and leave enough water in the grey tank that you can use that to flush out the SaniCon hose, that way you don't leave black water in the hose.

I didn't know that was possible. Thank you!

2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH
2015 Jeep Roadmaster AT. tow bar with RVI2 supplemental.

Taking in the sight wherever our Trolley takes us...

WDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install