Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2014, 08:08 AM   #1

Insurance Again

We just recently received our renewal and noticed that there was a question if we use our mh more than 30 days per yr. well I knew where that one was going so I decided to do some shopping so I would have my ducks in a row before I called them about the 30 day deal. now I know the difference about the fulltime thing as we've been there before but 30 days!well any way I started calling other companies and found out that since our mh is registered in fla. and we store or garage it in Michigan during the summer they would not insure it. blue sky and progressive both told me this! can anybody shed any light on this. Thanks!

Jim

beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2014, 09:14 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My MH was registered in Fl. and they never asked me where I went during the summer and I never told them. It was insured through Victoria. ( sub of Nationwide ). I used Gilbert RV who sold to another broker but they can be reached at 888-784-6787.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #3

Cliff, thanks! I just got off the phone with our original agent and after going around for awhile they ended up putting us into fulltime status which solved all of our concerns for a good price. thanks again!

Jim & Sue
Old 01-07-2014, 09:44 PM   #4

When a person gives false information to an insurance company they use it to drop or deny However when they use false information for their benifit ( to sell a policy its ok ) ????
seems fair !
Old 01-08-2014, 02:13 AM   #5

Don, not sure where your post was going but what the problem was is that we were on the wire as far as how many months are considered full time. I didn't want to get into a pissin match if there ever was claim. for the difference in premiums I feel much more comfortable. sometimes too much of something is just enough!

jim
Old 01-08-2014, 02:49 AM   #6

Jim, I have a question for you. Is it the word stored or garaged that the insurance company hung up on. Your RV is registered in Florida is that where you have your drivers license ? What does it matter to the insurance company , you could have been vacationing in Michigan, California or where ever, that's why we buy these RV's is to travel. I would think as long as you have a legal address in Florida and you have your vehicles registered in Florida and your drivers license is in Florida there would be no reason for the insurance company to insure it. I would not use the word stored or garaged if that's the way they look at it.
Donald'Dr.Don'Watkins
Master Sergeant USAF Ret
Old 01-08-2014, 06:59 AM   #7

Donald, there lies the problem! we have our mh and toad registered in fla. we own prop in fla. we have Michigan drivers license's, we vote in Michigan and we own a home in Michigan. they told me when the time comes that we have fla. drivers license's fla. voter registration and don't own a home in Michigan there wouldn't be a problem. after changing my status to full time and the price we are paying for that I don't really care as blue sky and progressive were so much more I wouldn't go there anyway! the whole thing makes no sense to me but I got tired of arguing with the idiots! PS. when you go out looking for quotes, when you call FMCA or GOODSAM you get the same people. that's is a fact.

Jim
Old 01-20-2014, 11:32 AM   #8

Jim, I have insurance in Orlando Florida, and i called GOODSAMS insurance for a guote. I have State Farm now, I told him what I had. When GOODSAMS gutted me it was double what I have with SF. He checked and double checked and could not understand it himself. I've called to different times and got the same results.
Donald'Dr.Don'Watkins
Master Sergeant USAF Ret

Tags
insurance