Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-28-2015, 07:48 PM   #15
X-2 on Foremost, they've insured our 1st & current motor home now for 20 years. Over the years we've filed several claims with them, a couple in the high thousands on our first unit. We experienced prompt no hassle claim service. I can highly recommend Foremost Insurance Co.

Good luck with your choice & safe travels

Jim & SherrySeward

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2015, 10:27 PM   #16
I just recently purchased my RV but after the recommendation of my insurance agent I went with Progressive. Good Sam came in about $100 higher per year. Even Safeco who I insure my home and cars with came in higher. Price was right and everything that I've read seems to confirm they are reputable and responsive. Hoping I don't have to use them though

dtoste77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 05:46 PM   #17
I thought I'd come back and add two more cents since I just had my first interaction with Progressive. I received a notice from the DMV that they were suspending my registration due to lack of proof of insurance. After looking closer I found that my insurance agent mistyped my VIN which was causing an issue.

When I called Progressive, their customer support was great. They answered in about a minute and not only did they correct the typo, they connected me with another department who actually called the DMV while he put me on hold. The whole process took about 5 minutes and by the time the DMV called be back with their call back service (which was about 5 minutes later) their system had already been updated and nothing more was needed. I was very pleased with the whole process.
Winnebago Vista 31BE
dtoste77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:22 PM   #18
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Originally Posted by SDCOToyhaul View Post
What about towing on your policies? Planning an Alaska trip towing a 5'er. If Ram were to have a mechanical problem, wondered about towing of the 5'er to a campground or such. Also the amount of towing paid on a single claim. Our Farm Bureau will only pay up to $75 on a tow. Doubt a tow truck would leave the lot for $75. Was considering Good Sams. Any thoughts?
I had Good Sam for many years and they were great then they switched to National General. I had them last year and this year they raised my rate $133 to renew. I had no claims with them, so I cancelled and went with AARP which has my 2 homes and 2 care insured. I saved $175 a year on my motor home insurance. It pays to shop. Many insurance companies give a teaser rate the first year and then raise the rate the second year.

2006 Four Winds Hurricane 31D, Steer Safe, CHF, 50 Amp Conversion, 3000 Watt Inverter, Toad is a 2007 Jeep Liberty Sport. Blue Ox Aladdin Tow Bar, Apollo Braking System
mhbell is offline   Reply With Quote