Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-29-2016, 02:04 PM   #1
Insurance increase Blue Sky

I just receive a quote to renew my RV insurance. Here is part of the email I got
"Last year your annual policy was $1276.00 and this year your increase was 118.3%. It is shocking to say the least. This is a result of a rate revision based on losses in the category of Class A motorhomes that are longer than 35 and that Arkansas had an overall increase this year.."
I was shocked, I did have a claim for about 3000 when a limb fell on the slide,and did damage. Has anyone else had a an increase like this? To be fair we th Blue Sky they have been prompt when handling my one claim in 4 years.

Johnkmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2016, 03:00 PM   #2
Damon Owners Club
I had an increase from Nationwide, but only from 1100 per year
to 1300 per year. You need to shop around. Insurance rates change
every year based on each insurers claim experience.
You will get the best rates if you can put your car, home and
RV insurance with the same company.

macandphyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 03:33 PM   #3
We never had loyalty to one company. Checked prices every 2-3 years and went with the best one. They all change after a period - but never a jump like that!

Here's a good company to work with for checking for the best price for you.

Miller Insurance Agency
Full-timed for 16 Years
. . . Back in S&B Again
Traveled in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Diesel
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 03:41 PM   #4
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
One thing I learned years ago was that insurance companies are not your friend. Most will give new customers a low teaser rate for years 1-2 then wham, up goes the premium because you have to help them recover their losses. For this and other reasons, I monitor my premium renewal prices closely and as others have stated, shop 5-6 different insurance brokers for the best deal.
04 Newmar DSDP 4015-Cummins ISL 370hp-Spartan MM Chassis-2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed-Ready Brute Elite Towing System-FMCA 402879-SKP 120487
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 04:58 PM   #5
The truth is that insurance companies are not in this business for any other reason that to make a profit.

No matter how you look at it, they have setup this system to not take a loss at the bottom line. They will get their money back from you if you claim damage of any kind. It's in their formula.

My guess, with your new premium, they are handing you your hat for making a claim. They never lose this game.

Mandated insurance only gets you legal, the rest is just a year by year joy ride of hassle...
1999 HR Endeavor 37WDS
Handicapped Lift Equiped
Bad Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote