Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2018, 04:43 PM   #1

Insurance on a new-to-me 2015 Newmar Ventana 4002

Any thoughts on what the annual premium would be? 1st quote I got was $2900 and that seems high.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2018, 04:50 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Due to all the factors that an insurance company uses no one here can give you anything but a guess.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 06:27 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Our 15' Ventana 4369 came up for renewal (3rd) so we shopped as Nationwide clearly wants out of the RV business in Florida. Two quotes later and we settled with Good Sam (agent) and National General insurance. Very pleased. One benny is their "storage " clause allowing for comprehensive coverage to remain in force while all other coverages are suspended for the duration of storage. Check them out. . . I think you will be pleased
Blufox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 06:29 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Too many variables, both location and personal, plus you didn't give any idea of what coverages you want, i.e. liability limits, deductibles, personal property, glass (if optional), etc. You have to define what you want/need and then shop for quotes.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 07:02 PM   #5

Get quotes from other providers. Nice coach I like the 4002 floor plan.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:17 PM   #6

As has been stated... no one can give you a dollar amount that will have any real meaning what-so-ever. Just way too many varibles.
You can get some idea of what companies you might want to deal with but the rate you will be quoted will depend on coverages, number of drivers, driving records, how much deductable, and even your zip code.
The list goes on. Make a list of what you actually want for coverage, get on the phone and make sure you are comparing apples to apples when looking at rates.

Company suggestions: Geico has been very competive in our area, Nationwide very close, National General and Progressive not so much. Could be just the opposite in other areas.

Just a couple of notes regarding Geico, RV rate is based on number of days it is used. Also, while not your issue, if you own a Forest River product you also get a discount as Berkshire Hathway owns Geico and Forest River. They give a discount for using/buying BH products.

Good luck.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:08 PM   #7

Get a quote from the company you use for your vehicle/home insurance. They can probably give you the best rates, especially if they can be combined.

I just bought a 2015 DSDP and combined it with my other insurances. The coach insurance is right under $1000 a year.
Campin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:41 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
One of the things you might want to consider is "full replacement cost". A lot of companies will sell you an (automobile) RV policy but few will sell you a replacement policy. It cost more but if you are unfortunate to have a total loss being able to get your coach completely replaced has value.
paddler1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 03:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
Get a quote from the company you use for your vehicle/home insurance. They can probably give you the best rates, especially if they can be combined.

I just bought a 2015 DSDP and combined it with my other insurances. The coach insurance is right under $1000 a year.

I wish I could, bury my homeowners & auto are through Nationwide (40 years) and they no longer write on rigs my size. Thanx!
Old 01-26-2018, 05:21 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Try Safeco... They have a stadium named after them...
Sicduc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance, newmar, vent, ventana