Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfbatonrg
Progressive now, we used safeco before that. No claims on either.
Check out GMAC. I had Progressive until I compared rates and coverage. Also GMAC has what I consider better customer service.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosa
This info is all too timely. I just got my homeowners and auto insurance bill from Allstate today, and both have gone up again. I'm droping them in the morning. I've owned multiple homes for the past 25 yaers, and currently have 5 cars insured with then, no tickets or claims ever... and that's how they play me. I'm done with Allstate. Bite me Allstate.
Check out GMAC .

Old 11-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #17

check out Blue Sky..you have to go through Poliseek. Their rated good and the rates were below National Insurance.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosa View Post
This info is all too timely. I just got my homeowners and auto insurance bill from Allstate today, and both have gone up again. I'm droping them in the morning. I've owned multiple homes for the past 25 yaers, and currently have 5 cars insured with then, no tickets or claims ever... and that's how they play me. I'm done with Allstate. Bite me Allstate.
We had the same issue with Allstate on homeowners, they increased our annual premium considerably so I shopped it to USAA and was amazed to receive better coverage at 60% less premium. I dumped Allstate pronto on the house but I kept it for our cars and MH for the moment.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #19

Alpine Owners Club
I have Hartford through AARP handled by my local independent insurance agent for our coach as well as all of our other 4 vehicles. The rates are very favorable (compared to all the other quotes we received) and include special Emergency Motor Home Roadside Assistance coverage. I just had to replace the passenger side windshield this past month and was extremely satisfied with the service. The glass company shipped the glass to the local shop of my choice and it all went without a hitch.
rdownward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbranen View Post
I just left Progressive for GMAC. Much better coverage for less money. I have also heard from what I consider a most reliable source that when you need help from your insurance company you may not want to depend on Progressive.

Same here......we just left Progressive and signed on with GMAC......as a matter of fact, I just placed a claim for a small windshield chip today, and it is going to be repaired tomorrow. It's a one piece and it is the original windshield, with such a small chip, I hated to replace and disturbe the seal....besides the damage on the windshield has to be the size of a dollar or more to replace the whole windshield.
The chip repair is at no cost to me .......nada.....the glass guy charges 55.00 dollars to the insurance company for the repair. He told me if I didn't go through the insurance he would charge me 30.00 cash money.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbranen View Post
Check out GMAC .
Very good rates thru FMCA. Let you suspend the collision and plpd in many States when in storage. Saves a few $$

Richard
Old 11-09-2012, 05:51 AM   #22

Send a message via Yahoo to Tired-old
Well, we just got our rv and added it to our State Farm policy. Although our RV is a 2001, the same coverage we enjoy for our cars and trucks (250.00 deductible) cost just $600 per year. We were amazed!

Buy the way, we have been very pleased with State Farm for over 40 years.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #23

Getting quotes today, so far, GMAC has had the best rates for us. I hope to get this all sealed up and done by tomorrow afternoon. I had thoughts of pulling it out of the building to do a few things, but we are getting snow here today. I guess those fix it items will wait until spring.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #24

For 17 years we've had excellent service from "Foremost Insurance Company."

Highly recommend them

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:32 AM   #25

This isn't an exact answer to your question. It's more how I found a great rate!

When I went to get insurance for my travel trailer, I found out that my homeowners and also my automobile policy don't insure RV's.

So, I went to Gilbert RV Insurance and they shopped my numbers around and came up with a terrific policy at Progressive.

You might want to give them a try.

http://www.gilbertrvinsurance.com/

WoodGlue

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WoodGlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:59 AM   #26

I have had Allstate for all of it, boat, cars, home and motor home. We keep trying to shop around but did not find that much difference. Will have to look again. We replaced the windshield on the motor home last year, no cost, great service, no increase in premium. Has worked so far.
Dan DeBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #27

I have used Progressive for a number of years. Their web site is convenient. They had a good response to a window replacement we had. I think they do a lot of motorhomes, so they seem to understand the product.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Like the others said shop around. You might find alot of differences in pricing.

We've had Geico for 3 years (both car & RV) and they've consistently been the most cost effective for us. Last time I checked they were a good $400 cheaper than GMAC (for us). ER

Tags
insurance