Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #57

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjell View Post
I have been noticing for some time now how much America has changed in the last 15 years. People no longer seem to know how to drive or think. Attention spans are near zero and common sense is a lost art. "It's all about ME" is the order of the day.

I do not know what has happened, but America has changed. Could it be because more than 1 in 10 Americans is currently taking psychoactive drugs? And those are just the "legal" ones with a prescription. I dunno. "Strange Days, Indeed".
Know what you mean, pulling out of a campground today I stopped at the exit to throw trash in the dumpster. The knucklehead behind me beeps his horn and says hurry up, I have to be somewhere!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #58
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper6 View Post
The appropriate response:

"Hookers and blow, my friend. Hookers and blow …"

;-)
I thought that but was too afraid to post it. Thanks! LOL

Trying to figure out what hellip is?
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #59

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini5362 View Post
high road comment

Yes I am young to be driving a motor home life has been good to me thank you for noticing
This /\/\/\/\ one is good
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #60

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloride View Post
I just tell the nosy one's my wife and I are DINKS
+1. 32 years.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:24 AM   #61

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I see people driving like idiots every day. Two days ago I was sitting at a red light. When it turned green I crossed the intersection and proceeded. The line in the oncoming left turn lane was long. So some woman decided that she wasn't going to wait in that long line. crossed the double yellow and proceeded to drive down the wrong side of the road and make her own "left turn lane".

Since I was driving the car I was able to squeeze by her. Had I been driving the MH she would have met 8 tons of "you shouldn't have done that".

As it was, she and her passenger thought it was a big joke. They were just laughing away. I see this kind of driving every single day. Maybe it is just the South?
wjell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:43 AM   #62

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Got a new one. TODAY I saw a guy riding a liquorcycle (No license, No Plates, No Insurance required. Max speed MAYBE 40-45 mph) on the INTERSTATE.

Am I still on the same planet that I was born on?
wjell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #63

We fit into the grey hair club( I do Linda not). I am not sure what your visitor meant but the most important thing is you have time with your family and can take them places that a lot of families will never get to see.
I would not waste a moment of thought on the visitor, I would enjoy what and who I have the time to spend with.
guymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #64

When DW and I got our first A about 7 years ago we to did so at the sake of upgrading our brick & sticks home. Heck, we were always looking for some way to get out of Dodge as often as possible anyways and we thought the MH would make a nice compromise. My son says to me "What, Don't you and Barb, DW, ever want to retire"! At this time I was 50. Since my dad dropped dead at 46 bowling, I know to well that life can be too too short, which is what I told him. Neither of us have regretted getting into the lifestyle and can only look forward to expanding our horizons, getting to retirement, and possibly join the full time crowd. This country is to damn big and beautiful not to want to travel and explore as many destinations as possible.
vincee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #65

Well, Congratulations!!! I think it is wonderful that young family's travel together and spend really quality time together( whatever you choose to travel in). We travel with our children when we were young or should I say when they were young,only had a auto back then, now we have a house on wheels and the family never has time to go with us. So you go and enjoy yourself and best of luck to you !!
retiring1day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #66

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladjusted View Post
I had a guy wander over to my site... liked my rig... blah blah blah. Then he comes out with "Aren't you a little young to be driving a big luxury Coach? Most people with small children use popups or TT's. I've only seen grey hairs in these rigs"

I didn't really know what to say... I mustered something about easier to travel with the kids... etc. Luckily my son came running over to show me a giant caterpillar he "captured" and I was able to duck off from this guy.

I thought about his comments all day after that... can't really figure out what he was trying to say.

Things that make you go.. [moderator edit]
Say: "I worked darn hard for it. How did you get yours?"

Hopefully, He will the realize that it is NONE of his business.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote