Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2019, 02:38 PM   #1

Interesting...seems to happen every summer...FUEL

Watching CA prices creep up the last few weeks. Planning a near 5k miles round trip to Oshkosh in July. May have to budget another $400-$500 for diesel. Such is life. Planning about 800 gallons usage.
Just BK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2019, 03:00 PM   #2

We’re seeing the same here in the Midwest just the last month. February diesel was $2.74 now $3.09
2late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 03:04 PM   #3

Only consolation...I own Exon and Chevron stocks. What one gives...the other takes away.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:22 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Same in South Florida. Happens every year. Coincides with skeeter season. Bloodsuckers.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 03:41 PM   #5

So I assume you plan your fill ups at a Chevron or Exxon - do they serve up straight diesel (no biodiesel)?

When you find a place with low prices, its probably an indicator of using mixed fuels.

Probably an old subject - is there a list of fuel distributors (a fuel station with a sign) that do/don't serve up biodiesel? On the gas side I think the fuel is mixed at the point where the distribution trucks pick it up. So I don't think it is the main manufacturers that make biodiesel (although a google search brings up Exxon right away).

I get bad enough mileage without the added loss of efficiency of biodiesel.

I can find who makes biodiesel, just not who mixes that in their diesel for retail.
https://www.farmprogress.com/biofuel...esel-producers

I fueled up at a WaWa yesterday and 1) I couldn't find a No Smoking warning nor a no cellphone warning anywhere, on any pump. ???
2) there was no stickers about adding biodiesel to the diesel, which my buddy contacted them and found out they do - seems that diesel should follow the gas ethanol warning requirement.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 03:50 PM   #6

I would think...as it relates to biodiesel...vendors will utilize whatever is cheaper as it relates to profitability, affected only by state and federal requirements. Capitalism, my friend.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
So I assume you plan your fill ups at a Chevron or Exxon - do they serve up straight diesel (no biodiesel)?

When you find a place with low prices, its probably an indicator of using mixed fuels.

Probably an old subject - is there a list of fuel distributors (a fuel station with a sign) that do/don't serve up biodiesel? On the gas side I think the fuel is mixed at the point where the distribution trucks pick it up. So I don't think it is the main manufacturers that make biodiesel (although a google search brings up Exxon right away).

I get bad enough mileage without the added loss of efficiency of biodiesel.

I can find who makes biodiesel, just not who mixes that in their diesel for retail.
https://www.farmprogress.com/biofuel...esel-producers

I fueled up at a WaWa yesterday and 1) I couldn't find a No Smoking warning nor a no cellphone warning anywhere, on any pump. ???
2) there was no stickers about adding biodiesel to the diesel, which my buddy contacted them and found out they do - seems that diesel should follow the gas ethanol warning requirement.
Sorry I did not answer your question. I will fuel up based on access and price.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2late View Post
We’re seeing the same here in the Midwest just the last month. February diesel was $2.74 now $3.09
C'mon up to Canada, it's only $1.259 for diesel, but, that's for 1 liter. Which is give or take equals $ 4.76 gallon !!

Gas is even worse !
Cdnw30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnw30 View Post
C'mon up to Canada, it's only $1.259 for diesel, but, that's for 1 liter. Which is give or take equals $ 4.76 gallon !!

Gas is even worse !
But that's Canadian dollars, in US dollars it would be about $3.55. Still expensive
Old 04-22-2019, 08:03 PM   #10
NXR

And just in time for my first RV, in Ohio the gov just did this to us: 10.5 cent per gallon tax increase and a 19 cent per gallon tax increase on diesel effective July 1st.

And for the icing on that cake, they added a $100 yearly registration fee if you own a hybrid or a $200 yearly fee if you own a plug-in.

And our winter weather sucks as well.

Ray
NXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:17 PM   #11

I just left AZ where I spent the winter. Last Oct when I got there it was about $2.39 a gallon. When I left April 1st it was about $3.09. Stopped in Las Vegas for a few days and paid $3.49. Went to Denver for the Easter weekend and paid about $3.29. Just got to Omaha to visit family and it is only $2.79 in Omaha. Paid $3.11 at Pilot with my Good Sam discount on the way here. Have heard from friends in Calif that it is nearing $4.00. Saw a news story that it will be $4.00 everywhere by Memorial Day except Calif where it may be up to $5.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:49 PM   #12

$4.25 for diesel today in my area
Hoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, fuel