Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #29

dishwasher stove

I think your remodel is great. One question where did you buy your dishwasher and cooktop?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #30

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
decrows2, I purchased the dishwasher through a vesta rv dishwaser (offered by Westland) dealer in Charlolett NC. You can search Vesta RV diswashers and find a dealer near you or a dealer through Westlands Sales. They offer two models, a countertop which is black, and a built in model which is stainless steel. The site shows that the black model has a built in kit, it is not offered anymore, so if you want to build in you will have to get the stainless model. I hade my door wrapped black. I paid $319.00 plus shipping. I think the dealer in NC is the cheapest. I bought the slide in cooktop through Colaw in Mo. Paid $100 plus $25 shipping. Hope this helps, should you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Bob
Capt USMC (Retr)
2003 Damon Challenger

Old 12-31-2012, 12:12 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Like the dishwasher.........my "dishwasher" just throws the paper plates in the trash. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:26 PM   #32

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
deSanford, yea I understand that is the easy way, but when DW wanted a dishwasher I said it wasn't going to be me. (haha) She wanted one because when we do use regular dishes the sink just wasn't big enough, so built in diswaher it was.

Bob
Capt USMC (Ret)
Old 01-02-2013, 09:09 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
The DW agress with you Bob aka rvbunz:
My DW told me that once a year she reads the Haggadah and it said that "Pharaoh freed the slaves". deSanford PS if she could have found a floor plan without a kitchen she would have wanted to buy it.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #34

I'm getting ready to replace the carpet and vinyl floor with a laminate glue down hardwood. Will the area around the slide be a problem? Replacing with a 1/4" thick floor from Home Depot. Also tearing out the dinette area and adding an extra section of seating where the table attached to the wall. Will use (I hope) a fold out coffee table to replace the dinette table. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #35

decrows2,

We did that same dishwasher install in our coach. The dishwasher is a Vesta and is made for RVs. It is easy to install, and works great. My wife wouldn't want to be without it. Here's a PIC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DishWasher_0309.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	261.5 KB
ID:	31312  

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:57 AM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Beautiful install Jim. I'm sure if we had real dishes in the MH, and the DW felt that we were not on vacation she would like a dishwasher also. As to installing the 1/4" flooring around the bedroom slide no problem, but removing the carpet under the bed "box" is not easy. I left the carpet there, and along the side where the closet is located. deSanford
Old 01-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #37

Sanford,

Thanks for the compliment. The interesting plus that came out of the dishwasher install is we gained a lot of counter top space. Lynda now puts "dirty" dishes in the dishwasher instead of placing them on the counter top, which gives her more room for perparing stuff, etc. When the dishwasher is full, she runs it. Of course when she's happy, I'm happy.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #38

Thor Owners Club
Whats the name of the cook top and did the cooktop and dishwasher install simply install into the space left by the removal of your old oven.cooktop? What was the name of the cooktop you went with? I see the unit has a plug, where did you wire your unit into?
Old 01-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #39

Fred1609,

Our coach came with an Amana cook top, no oven. We had 2 drawers under the cook top. I removed the drawers and had to remove (cut) the drawer frames which left me with an opening that was about the size of the oven. The Vesta dishwasher is designed to fit in the oven opening. Depending on how your coach is built, it is possible you would have to trim some of the wood frame around the oven entrance. I just added quarter round to the side of the dishwasher because I had to cut out the drawer frame material and didn't do as good a job as I should have. A friend removed the cooktop/oven combination on their coach and the cooktop dishwaser fit in the hole.

The electrical, sewer, and water hook ups on our coach was fairly simple. I added a 1 1/2 inch tee where the tee was a 3/8 female fitting to the sewer stand pipe for the galley sinks below the vacuum breaker and attached the dishwasher outlet to that fitting. I added a fitting to the cold water supply for the galley sinks and connected the dishwasher water inlet to that connection. In our coach there is a separate water filter for the icemaker and the filtered water dispenser. That made an easy place to make the connection. The Vesta unit heast its water to 158 degrees so I didn't have to use heated water to it. In our coach there is a separate circuit receptacle that resides close to the galley. I wired the elecrtical connection in the back of that receptacle which placed the dishwasher on a circuit breaker. We don't use the receptacle for anything else. We have used this set up now for 3 years with no trouble. BTW, we chose the Vesta over other possible counter top brands because it was designed to fit in the space where the oven went, and it has a strong pump that allows for pumping the water out of the unit. We had to lift the discharge water up 10 inches to get to our coach sewer lines. Some of the counter top units would fit the oven hole, but would not pump the water up that high.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbunz View Post
I would like to thank everyone for the great comments, and I look forward to see all the pictures of everyones' renovations. I'll tell you I really enjoyed working on mine and seeing the results. The floor is going to be challenging the way I plan on doing it, so wish me luck.

Bob
Capt USMC (Ret)
Good Luck!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #41

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Fred,
I removed the Atwood Oven cooktop and bought a Atwood slide in cooktop from Colaw RV online. The diswasher was an almost perfect fit. I had to trim down one side to slide the diswaher in. I had an electrician friend wired a new recepticle and installed it in the compartment under the dishwasher. You can get a slide-in cooktop for $100.00 at Colaw. Pretty easy install. I hard plumbed the water inlet with a turn on/off valve and the drain into my sink drain. It is recommended that you instal a water shut off valve and keep it off when the dishwasher is not in use.

Bob
Capt USMC (Ret)
2003 Damon Challenger
Old 01-15-2013, 07:09 AM   #42

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
UPDATE: The carpet has been removed and the airstep vinyl has been installed in the bedroom and hallway. Hoping to complete the living room/kitchen today. Once complete I will post the finished pictures.

Bob
Capt USMC (Ret)
2003 Damon Challenger

Tags
remodel