Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2015, 08:20 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Interior window cornices

I'm a newbie to this forum as we just got our first RV this week. My DW would like to take out the window cornices (decorative wooden frames that are on the inside) and replace them with different cornices that do not have the center fabric inserts.
We have a 2016 Allegro 45-OP.
My question: can I take those off without removing the shades at the same time or is it one whole unit?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2015, 09:16 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
In our coach the shades are attached to the top of the valances. I'm not sure if the valances are attached to the wall in the middle or just at each end. If they are attached in the middle then you would have to remove the shades first.

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 01:08 PM   #3

I have a Tiffin and all the shades are attached to the valences. It is not too difficult to take the valences down and reattach the shades to your new valence. The valences are designed to hide the pull chains and the shade brackets. I have seen some really nice modifications that made the interior of the coach look bigger, brighter and cleaner.
Old 12-19-2015, 06:21 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomDream View Post
I have a Tiffin and all the shades are attached to the valences. It is not too difficult to take the valences down and reattach the shades to your new valence. The valences are designed to hide the pull chains and the shade brackets. I have seen some really nice modifications that made the interior of the coach look bigger, brighter and cleaner.
FD - Thanks for the input. Is there anywhere that I could find some pictures of some of these modified interiors?

Tags
interior, window