Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2015, 02:38 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Are you sure that outlet is supposed to be powered by the inverter?

2014 Allegro 36LA
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2015, 03:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi LVRVLUVR,
Reference your post #9. It all depends on the inverter. Not all inverters are the same and over time they change. Technology marches on. Many inverters have a pass through mode. From shore or generator supplied power the inverter just passes it through. The power does not go through any inverter components. When the inverter transfer switch detects no shore or generator power, it transfers to battery input and output is via the inverter components. Maximum output is controlled by the inverter circuit breaker.
you are correct...but.. op says he has power with just inverter...need to make sure the power he has is on the line side and not the load and that it is separated from the load completely

he also states thet he has power to the plug via shore power.... that would men he has power coming in both way on the GFI not good

Old 03-13-2015, 05:56 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Hi LVRVLUVR,
You are correct. Since the physical wires to the GFCI are the same regardless of where the power is sourced, the mystery is how the wires are connected to the GFCI. Please excuse my misreading the OP. I am a ME not an EE. These kinds of threads make my head hurt.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 07:21 PM   #18

Quote:
Hi LVRVLUVR,
You are correct. Since the physical wires to the GFCI are the same regardless of where the power is sourced, the mystery is how the wires are connected to the GFCI. Please excuse my misreading the OP. I am a ME not an EE. These kinds of threads make my head hurt.
lol... same here.. this is a need to know what going on...

I kinda had the same thing.. they wired the GFI backwards,,, rear tv on...front tv on...coffee maker on...I'm out side and my wife says
"Honey, I turned on my hair dryer and all the power went..

try to set the GFI no dice... checked all the outlets ... no power...
pull the GFI...no power on the line side....go check the load side ...power...
reverse the wires... wa la... all working...so if the power is coming in the load side... it will work fine till the GFI trips....

I build houses and the final requires the inspector to trip all GFI's
guess that's why,,,
Old 03-13-2015, 07:24 PM   #19

Quote:
Hi LVRVLUVR,
one other thing ... if there is power to the line side from the inverter...,,,,and power to the load side from the shore power...

that means that the male plug will have power when the inverter is on.....not good
Old 03-13-2015, 09:29 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If what the OP wrote is correct. The GFI works when it is in shower power mode. The GFI does not really care whether it gets its power from shore or inverter. If it has 115vac and not tripped it should pass power. If it is tripped it will not pass power from the shore power

Same idea with the inverter circuit breakers. If they are tripped will not pass power to GFI either in shore power or inverter power. The output in inverter power or bypass mode still goes through the same breakers on the xantrex 458. That is what i have and every once in a while during the winter my wife will forget and plug her hair dryer in while the electric heater is on and that trips the breaker on the xantrex while we are on shore power.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:29 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksbbb View Post
I have a 2004 Fleetwood Revolution with a Zantrex 458 inverter. The voltage in is 110volt and volts out is 134 volts. On shore 50 amp shore-power everything works. On house batteries Gfi receptacle 110 volt in 0 volts out. HELP!!!!
everybody please read this again...
Old 03-15-2015, 05:54 PM   #22

As Tanstaafl asked, the outlet may not be wired thru the inverter. My bathroom GFI outlet has no power from the inverter. It's the way it was wired from the factory. Shore and Generator, good to go, but no power otherwise.

Try and live up to your dogs opinion of you.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:56 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
The inverter should have 12 volts dc in and 110 volts ac out. Converter takes 110 volts ac in and 12 volts dc out. You are saying you have 2 different issues. On your gfi if you have 110 in and zero out then outlet is bad or tripped. On your inverter recheck your volts input.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 03-15-2015, 06:00 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndale View Post
The inverter should have 12 volts dc in and 110 volts ac out. Converter takes 110 volts ac in and 12 volts dc out. You are saying you have 2 different issues. On your gfi if you have 110 in and zero out then outlet is bad or tripped. On your inverter recheck your volts input.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
winner winner chicken dinner...

ops says he has power to one side on inverter

both sides on shore power...

impossible if wired correct...

but op got a new coach so we will never know...

somebody else might figure it out
Old 03-15-2015, 11:03 PM   #25

Maybe I didn't understand the question but I don't think you should be getting 110 volts to outlets while on house batteries. Only when hooked to shore power and while running the generator

Tags
inverter