Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2014, 07:43 PM   #85

Nor'easters Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
Yeah but did you know you can save 15 percent or more on your car insurance?
everyone knows that......but did you know there really was a first joke?

steinjef is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2014, 10:39 PM   #86

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineIF View Post
I'd guess he's getting them charged by the engine alternator. I don't want to suggest that though at this point. I'd like to just use some logic based troubleshooting to determine where the problem is. At this point, there have been too many guesses and too many distractions. Not knowing the OP's electrical knowledge, I also don't want to dive into too much technical or testing depth.
I agree completely and I think the logical procedure you suggested is a good place to start. I was just trying to figure out his actual symptoms without having to guess what he was talking about.

Old 07-06-2014, 06:51 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty years View Post
Frisbee, I just related the same problem and have gone with the fact that my Magnum doesn't charge the house batteries. I put a 110 receptacle in the battery bay and leave a trickle charger plugged in always.
Rusty, I hope you meant to say your chassis batteries aren't being charged by the Magnum. If your house batteries aren't then you have a problem. The Magnum inverter/charger, by design and function charges the same batteries it uses for inverting.

If your RV doesn't have the ability to charge the chassis batteries, then you have 3 choices. To do what you have and leave a charger on the chassis batteries. I would recommend an intelligent or 3 stage charger. You can do nothing. Some RVs don't tap into chassis batteries for things you use when stopped. Most do tap into the chassis batteries for things like your dash radio, keyless entry, alarm system, and gas/smoke alarms. Finally, you can let the house bank charge the chassis batteries. Using a marine battery isolator is the right easy to go and it gives you a battery boost function built-in.
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:16 AM   #88

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineIF View Post
Rusty, I hope you meant to say your chassis batteries aren't being charged by the Magnum. ........
If your RV doesn't have the ability to charge the chassis batteries, then you have 3 choices. To do what you have and leave a charger on the chassis batteries. I would recommend an intelligent or 3 stage charger. You can do nothing. .......... Finally, you can let the house bank charge the chassis batteries. Using a marine battery isolator is the right easy to go and it gives you a battery boost function built-in.
Or, you can repair the problem, since the '06 HR Endeavor was definitely designed to charge the chassis battery from shore/generator power.

Tags
inverter