Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
InvisiBrake

Hello
I'm thinking of purchasing the InvisiBrake System for my tow car and was wondering if anyone has comments on it. Good or Bad.
Also does anyone have a ballpark cost of the system?
Thanks in advance for the help.
BobD

2017 Forest River Heritage Glen Lite 34' Travel Trailer
BobD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I too have been looking at it. Camping World's price is currently $899 plus the cost of the installation which is about $449 to $499 if I remember correctly.

I am trying to wait until they have it on sale.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Invisibrake

gmadams,
Thanks for the information regarding the invisbrake.
I also will keep an eye on the Camping World adds to see when or if goes on sale.
BobD

2017 Forest River Heritage Glen Lite 34' Travel Trailer
BobD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have been reading about it in several places. Including some forum members (don't recall which forums) who have them.. ONE person flubbed the install and had issues.

I like the looks of the system. However I think I like the US-Gear Decelerator better.

That said. the dealer flubbed the install of that one and cost me a brake job too.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobD View Post
gmadams,
Thanks for the information regarding the invisbrake.
I also will keep an eye on the Camping World adds to see when or if goes on sale.
BobD
BobD,

If you a a Good Sam member, you got a coupon good for 10% off the Invisibrake price. Plus the install fee is less than the normal price.

Gary
Old 02-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just installed a Road Master invisbrake system with Sterling hitch to tow a 2011 CRV with a 2011 Discovery 40x. Works great, good braking action, coordinates with my Jake Brake. Took about 4 evenings to install, mainly due to wiring the CRV with 4 wire system and diodes. Added a power lead to the CRV to charge the battery from my coach hitch. Can provide pictures and details if requested.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by floteb View Post
Just installed a Road Master invisbrake system with Sterling hitch to tow a 2011 CRV with a 2011 Discovery 40x. Works great, good braking action, coordinates with my Jake Brake. Took about 4 evenings to install, mainly due to wiring the CRV with 4 wire system and diodes. Added a power lead to the CRV to charge the battery from my coach hitch. Can provide pictures and details if requested.
Please share your pictures and details with us.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by floteb View Post
floteb, I have read that the Roadmaster Invisibrake taps into the coach brake light for a signal to the Invisibrake to actuate the brakes on the toad. This could be undesirable on a diesel coach with an engine or Jake brake, which when activated, illuminates the brake light on the coach without using the service brakes.

The reason I say this is that the engine brake is usually activated on more gentle slowing situations, down hill, etc, where you would not generally want the toad brakes to actuate. You don't want the toad to slow the coach - too much wear on the toad brakes, and the coach is generally capable of slowing the combination under gentle deceleration.

Of course, you DO want the toad brakes to actuate under heavy or severe slowing, as if in a panic situation or a quick stop to make the red light.

Could you please elaborate on your comment 'coordinates with my Jake Brake'? I would like to understand your application and how it works for you.

For gas coach owners, this is not a concern, as most gas coaches do not have any type of engine brake.

We have not installed any of the Invisibrakes yet, and I would like to understand this concern better from people who are using the system.

Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote