Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #1

what coach

Wife and I are looking at a Coachman Aurora Gold 3510 is this a good coach it is on a V10 Ford
this will be our first motorcoach and man it's hard to find one clean in our price range which is 30k to 50k.
Thanks Cliff

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #2

Is a Coachman Aurora Gold 3510 a good Coach

Let me try this again New here...

Wife an I are looking at a 2003 Coachman Aurora Gold 3510 on a V10 Ford any feed back on this Motorhome?

Old 10-10-2011, 12:25 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Not familiar with that particular unit, but did own a Coachman Class C and really liked the quality of the unit and loved the the V-10 engine. I did find an Aurora Gold listed online and was some what surprised at the 60k price tag.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:39 PM   #4

We had a 2004 Coachman Mirada and found it to be a good coach. Reliable and fairly problem free.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
No one has replied, and frankly I do not know the coach so am no help except to bump your thread back to the top of the list.

I looked at pictures of a 2003 on the internet that was for sale for $60,000. It looked like a nice rig, but I was not impressed with the photo of the bed arrangement.

The listing and photos did not indicate slide outs if any. What vintage 3510 are you looking at?

I would think the Chassis is tried and true so the concern would be floorplan and construction of the house portion. Look carefully for signs of roof and wall leak damage, check the construction joints of the cabinetry, sit on the toilet, stand in the shower, and sit on the sofa and chairs. Be sure these all work for you.

If you are not sure, keep looking and learning.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Cliff, check your messages... I sent you a private message about one I have for sale.

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:30 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi Cliff & WELCOME!!

Yes, it is hard to find a gently cared for coach in a certain price range. My search was FAR more modest than yours and it took me 14 months looking, for hours, every single day.

I did, however, find my dream coach, so- try to be- patient. I know how hard that can be when you just want your search to be over so you can start enjoying it.

In my case, if I had settled (just to finally stop searching) I would have been in a far inferior coach than I finally found.

I hope that, if you get this coach, you will be as happy with it as I am with mine

Sheila
~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:40 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You didn't say what year the coach is so it is hard to form an opinion. When we started looking for a (gas) Class A back in 03 we looked and drove several. I found that the coaches on the Workhorse chassis had a better ride and seemed to have better engine performance.

We looked at Coachmen RV's and we were not impressed with the quality of materials used inside for the cabinets and furniture.

You didn't mention how far you would be willing to travel to purchase/look at a coach either.

I am not trying to be critical but the more information you provide the more help we can be.

A couple of places to browse:

Class A Motorhomes for Sale - PPL Motor Homes
Lazydays: If You Love RVing

The main thing is to take your time, have it checked out good and make sure it will fit your family's needs.

Happy Hunting,
Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Which coach

wchipper,

As mentioned in a previous post, the more detaild information you can supply, the more we can respond with, hopefully, greater assistance.

Always list as much as you know about the RV. Brand, model, year, chassis, mileage, etc. Also, where you live. Not your address, just city and state.

That way we can give you some additional referrals to other RVs that may be available near you.

It would also help if you tell us what your needs are. Do you have kids? Pets? How many days/weeks/months you may be on the road.

Happy Trails!

Darryl
Old 10-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #10

It is a 2003, 2 slides, very clean with very small ding on the exterior has 15k miles on coach on a Ford V10 allway had Chevy vehicles so don'e know much about the Ford motor or transmission price is 45k the only thing I noticed is the rubber roof is wrinkled a little the sales person said that was normal.

Kids are gone and I have 8 months before retirement from Lawenforcement

Sanford NC 70

Cliff & Denise
Old 10-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #11

Thanks for the help looks like it might be a good coach it is very clean which is hard to find, only 15k miles on it also,
so the Ford is a good engine right?
Didn't post the first one right so this is on twice...

Thanks
Cliff & Denise
Old 10-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
Well, you could buy my coach and probably save a little money on the purchase price, but it is not for sale.

No slides, upscale interior materials, walk around bed, clothes washer, 860 ft lbs of torque on a diesel pusher for a quiet and fun ride. Barely broken in at 85,000 miles.

I mention the details because sometimes going older gets more features and maybe more comforts. Of course going older also introduces the specter of maybe more problems with those features.

Have fun looking.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:22 PM   #13

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There is a few discussing the different merits of the ford v10. Just do a search on this site .
Personally I am pleased with the v10 in my class c motor home.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:57 AM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What Coach

wchipper,

According to NadaGuides, this is the pricing on the unit your are considering Low average retail $42,078High average retail $50,694

If the floorplan and other amenities suit your needs, make an offer of $39,000 and see what they say. My research shows that Coachmen is in the lower quality level of RV's. Not low quality, just not as highly rated for craftsmanship. That being said, the Ford V10 is fairly solid and all components, (fridge, stove, micro, etc) are standard.

I just bought a 2005 Sea Breeze 8375 LX on the W24 Workhorse Chassis for $64,000, so I think you could do better. I am partial to Nationals and they have a great reputation for higher quality builds and great floorplans. Does you name indicate where you live? CHP, perhaps? If so, there are a couple of places in SoCal where you could get good buys on Class A RVs.

PM me, and I will send you the info.

Good luck!

Darryl

Tags
what coach sould we buy