Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2016, 07:49 AM   #15

Oh my yes (on the washer dryer). Keep thinking about replacing the gas oven (never gets used) with the dishwasher. No have no doubt it would get used (a lot)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2016, 07:56 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Is a washer dryer worth having?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomDream View Post
...........We are full timers and having a washer and a dryer is as essential as a refrigerator.

Agreed. As I tell folks, we are NOT camping, we live in our motorhome. Note the distinction. Besides, coin-op laundries will eat you alive.

Exception: when volunteering at a NWR or the like, there will often be free laundry provided in large, newish machines that are only used by a few other volunteers. These we use.

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12 02 DS, FL, Cat, '04 Element NHSO RVM103
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:20 AM   #17

Been Rv'ing for 20 years now. Our current coach came plumbed for a single combo washer/dryer. We opted not to have one installed as we preferred the space for storage.

Not having a W/D hasn't been a problem, as we use laundromats which works just fine for us.

If faced with inclement weather, i.e., rain etc. for several days, we have adequate clothing to wear until rain stops and we can visit the laundromat.

Cheers & safe travels to all.....

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:24 AM   #18

Gulf Streamers Club
DW did not think we would need a W/D when we bought our MH well before we retired. i insisted and she has not regretted that choice!

We don't want to spend hours at a laundromat and have heard too many stories about people leaving their machine and when they get back their clothes were stolen.

It is a given the next coach will have a W/D and probably we'll look one with room for two separate units vice our current Splendid 2100.

Dishwasher? Don't think so...too few dishes and I'm a pretty proficient dryer next to a fabulous washer!
KPFulltimers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:33 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
It is a must have for my wife. Biggest problem we run into with it is not having full hook ups. Which seems to be more than we like.
At a state park this weekend and as most only have electric. Beautiful quiet spot so would not change that part of it.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:44 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
I was thrilled our rig came with an all-in-one wash/dryer. I love that I can come home from vacation without having any laundry to do! Fabulous!
Old 07-02-2016, 08:55 AM   #21
TR4

Our Coach came with a stacked washer-dryer. At first we thought we would never use it. Now we see how useful they are. If we had a choice between W/D or Dishwasher, we'd choose the W/D.

Bill
Old 07-02-2016, 08:58 AM   #22

We are currently weekend warriors with a couple long trips during the year. Right now not having a washer/dryer or dishwasher isn't a big deal but when we retire and snow bird it will be on the list in the new rig or added to what we've got. A friend of mine that does full time recently got a new rig with a dishwasher and they really like it. One specific thing he mentioned is its nice to be able to give the silverware and glasses a thorough disinfecting wash as the dishwasher uses hotter water when cleaning which I thought was a good thing.
Newmar2856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:03 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We FT and use a 50:50 mix of hook-ups and boondocks...I'm the dishwasher - we share laundry duty once every 7 - 10 days at the laundromat. Love the extra storage...
Old 07-02-2016, 09:16 AM   #24

Ford Super Duty Owner
We are not F/T but we do travel 7+ months per year often for more than 3 months at time. We are retired military and use military facilities most of the time. Laundromat facilities at FamCamps vary greatly and I (the husband) often would go to do the wash. DW thought no big deal having a W/D. Finally DW went with me a couple of times and did like some the laundromat "nazi" or how some of our fellow retirees left the machines. When we got our new coach, the W/D was part of the deal (an upgrade) that I wanted. After about 18000 miles and 20 months, DW won't be without it.

Like others have said, if we were using our coach for a week at time probably no big deal. But when we travel this much, it is on our list of gotta haves.

PS: our coach's on board storage helps love it. We can dry camp for five days at a time without changing any of our hookup habits. Includes 2 loads of wash.

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:24 AM   #25

I wanted to option in a WD but DW didn't, so we didn't. I didn't want the extra weight of a genset, so we didn't order one. We've stayed at a few CGs without sewer hookup, so I guess we'd have to go to the laundromat anyway. If just us two, I can't ever envision wanting a dishwasher.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:31 AM   #26
Community Moderator

i removed it from our coach, as we didn't like to use it. too small load, too much water and the risk of leaking. now we are xxx lbs lighter and a one more big needy space... have not regretted yet.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 10:12 AM   #27
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
Sitting here at Ft Wilderness for the 4th weekend. We've been having super heavy rains the last few days including last night. I'm watching the parade of moms headed to the laundromat, presumably wash out/dry out from yesterday.
We're just running out little whirlpool a bit at a time. The dryer is especially useful.

I'd have never thought I'd want one, but the W/D came with our Discovery and it's great.

Now, a dishwasher...?
We love our W/D! Had problems with it at first, but now would not be without one!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 10:54 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
W/D are a must have for us. Can't beat the convenience factor.

Wouldn't go to a Laundromat on a bet. Had to use them when I was young sailor in the Navy, had my fill.

Doubt we will ever get a dishwasher. Only two of us, just not enough dishes to warrant losing the oven. Dish washer can't make cinnamon buns
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote