Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2016, 08:44 AM   #43

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
I've never been to a CG that prohibited the use of W/D. Doesn't mean they don't exist.
FWIW, the Escapees CG in Livingston TX asks that you not use washers because of its limited septic tank capability.

docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2016, 09:04 AM   #44

We have stacked washer/dryer ... works ok but if they fail I'll think twice about replacements. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I had an issue with either commercial laundromats or the campground laundry ... maybe we are just lucky.

Had a Paykel dishwasher ... it failed .... replaced it with sliding racks for pots/pans. Wouldn't consider swapping that storage for another dishwasher.

Old 07-04-2016, 12:44 AM   #45

Our washer/dryer is essential for us. It is important to adjust your expectations as to what it will do and won't do. With that said, found that the Splendide works as well as full-size machines. Would not take a trip without it.
AKOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:45 PM   #46
HHg

Absolutely !!

Hhg
Old 07-04-2016, 04:02 PM   #47
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
To sum it up, we just HATE going to laundromats for many reasons!

There, I said it!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 04:06 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Anyone can justify this pro or con and be happy.
So..... My turn.
In rough numbers....
A Splendide Double is about $1000. It takes 40 minutes to wash, 90 to dry. I'll assume a 10 lb load.
We spend 90 minutes every 3 weeks and always at a fine laundry. About 10 bucks for a 60 lb load. Each year is 26 hours and $173.
The Splendide will do 60 lbs in about 780 minutes of machine run time vs 78 for the laundry. So, the break-even on ROI is....
That much said, I choose not to complete the synopsis.
However, the ROI on my wood carving tools will always be negative, as my "art" all ends up looking like a stick.
Y'all's enjoy your toys. I do!

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants

So, an RV refrigerator installed is about $3000. A bag of ice about $1 and lasts three days. Thus, $3000 of ice lasts about 9000 days, or about 24.6 years of ice for the cost of a fridge.

Get rid of the fridge too?
Old 07-04-2016, 04:48 PM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
All depends ... On weekend trips, we never touch ours. Gone for 5-7 days? We might use it. However if we're gone for any extended period we do a load almost every night - just to prevent laundry from piling up. We rarely use campground laundry facilities - and when we do, it's for bedding and towels.
SpaceNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:45 PM   #50
KEH

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It's absolutely essential for fulltiming. No way I will be using machines that have been used for other peoples filth when I can be self sufficient and do laundry inside my coach. For those that would rather.....really???

My wife and I love our Splendide combo and will never go back!! It's a non-negotiable item if we ever get another coach.
Fulltimer's - Class of 2014
KEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:35 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEH View Post
It's absolutely essential for fulltiming. No way I will be using machines that have been used for other peoples filth when I can be self sufficient and do laundry inside my coach. For those that would rather.....really???

My wife and I love our Splendide combo and will never go back!! It's a non-negotiable item if we ever get another coach.
A friend of mine owned a laundromat for years. He said that he would NEVER use a laundromat - even his own. He told me that the most disgusting things he had ever seen were at his laundromat. Sometimes he wasn't there to stop the most horrendous. But the security tapes revealed some truly heinous stuff. And his laundromat was so clean in appearance that you'd eat your sandwich off the counter if it fell off the plate.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:42 PM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson View Post
A friend of mine owned a laundromat for years. He said that he would NEVER use a laundromat - even his own. He told me that the most disgusting things he had ever seen were at his laundromat. Sometimes he wasn't there to stop the most horrendous. But the security tapes revealed some truly heinous stuff. And his laundromat was so clean in appearance that you'd eat your sandwich off the counter if it fell off the plate.
Kind of like you never use the coffee maker in a hotel room, never know whats been in the tank.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 12:42 AM   #53

We use ours when taking long trips. It is a splendide combo unit but it works fine for us.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:49 AM   #54

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Had them in our last thre MH's. have yet to use them even once in 16 yrs.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:42 AM   #55

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When the parks laundry has a waiting line, or it's just plain nasty our washer/dryer comes in handy. My wife enjoys not having to leave the motorhome in bad weather to do a wash. She can pop in her wash, grab a book and read in the comfort of her own home. Dishwasher... not so much. The washer/dryer is worth the money.
'97 Pace Arrow Vision 36 with Tag Axel, Ford 460 with Banks Power Pack. 2000 Jeep Wrangler Toad, one miniature schnauzer that rules the roost and a wife that enjoys traveling. Retired FTCS (SS) USN and loving it. FMCA#461483
Shaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:30 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Kind of like you never use the coffee maker in a hotel room, never know whats been in the tank.
Never use a hotel room - I have an RV.