Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2015, 05:01 PM   #29

Tiffin Owners Club
Tiffin installs 220V capability to supply power to the Summit SINC2220 Induction Cooktop. If you want to upgrade to the Wolf cooktop it is a plug and play process. I have had no problem with using my Summit cooktop. I will say that I am not a cook, gourmet or otherwise. The reason folks don't like the Summit is due to the Summit using a variable time frame for the temp setting rather than a variable voltage setting to adjust temp. This process makes it had to regulate low temp settings. In other words the Summit uses 100% power for all settings and varies the time the power is applied. Wolf adjusts the voltage to regulate temperature and is on all the time. This process provides a more even temperature.

Either cooktop requires two legs of power to operate at the 220V.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2015, 07:00 AM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I'm not sure what coaches you're looking at or have been in, but most, if not all that have 50 amp service are wired for 220/240 volts in the service panel. From there 240 can be run to anything that needs that voltage in the coach. Any panel on a 50 amp service can handle a 2 pole breaker for 240 volts.
Not so. The Intellitec 50A load center, which incorporates the Smart EMS 30A load shedding function, is a common one in RVs and it is arranged with the two poles on opposite wings, so there is no position where a breaker can span both both of the hot busses (except the 50A main breaker at the center). Other coaches may use small residential panel and have the bus arranged so that a dual break can be used. You can get an idea of the breaker layout in this picture:
http://www.winnebagooutdoor.com/Inte.../dp/B015AJSZC0

Fleetwood, American Coach, and Winnebago use this load center in many 50A models. I think National RV did too.

But that isn't relevant if Tiffin uses a different load center. That's the primary question here.

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:49 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
Not so. The Intellitec 50A load center, which incorporates the Smart EMS 30A load shedding function, is a common one in RVs and it is arranged with the two poles on opposite wings, so there is no position where a breaker can span both both of the hot busses (except the 50A main breaker at the center). Other coaches may use small residential panel and have the bus arranged so that a dual break can be used. You can get an idea of the breaker layout in this picture:
http://www.winnebagooutdoor.com/Inte.../dp/B015AJSZC0

Fleetwood, American Coach, and Winnebago use this load center in many 50A models. I think National RV did too.

But that isn't relevant if Tiffin uses a different load center. That's the primary question here.
Well Gary,

My statement saying "most", I'll stand by. My '02 National has a Square D residential panel, so does our '10 Carri-Lite, withan EMS system, and I've worked on others back to an '89 Holiday Rambler, also with a residential panel.

Regards, Howard
Old 11-04-2015, 01:11 PM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
When I get a chance to visit my MH that's in storage I'll get some pictures of my power panel and the plug to the Summit SINC 2220 Cooktop.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:25 PM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
So I went and visited my MH today and took some pictures. The Power Control Systems load center pic shows the double pole breaker and the others the plug and receptacle. Hope this clears things up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151106_132314541.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	304.4 KB
ID:	111291   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151106_132604458.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	111293  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151106_132622882.jpg