Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2015, 09:18 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Is it going to happen !!

I have 2015 Winnebago 27 N. Vista .That I am sure have 2014 lippret parts used ,because of the build date. Do you think it is just a matter of time before I have trouble with one of my three slides. I see a lot of threads that are having trouble with this slide out and leveling supplier ( Lippert components inc. ) I hear some are saying that the MH are built from many components and different companies . Do we as buyers of the Winnebago not have to look to Winnebago for support and except them to stand behind there builds? I bought a Winnebago because they were supposed to be a well built coach. On another point ,maybe it would be a good idea when posting a thread that we put what year and modle of the M H they are referring to. THANKS
WV Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2015, 09:43 AM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
If you have Schwintek slides it is VERY likely you will have problems, especially with a full wall slide. We had a 2013 Thor and the sofa/dinette slide failed the week before we were to deliver it to the dealer for trade-in. Fortunately, we had a service plan to pay for the repair. Definitely something you should get if you plan to keep the coach longer than the warranty period.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:42 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Is it going to happen

I would assume the warranty is 12 months . I didn't get this MH just to trade in 12 months , not to be a smart a--. Boy that is a downer for me . I was really excited for the furture of traveling in MH for next several years. Not spending it at CW for repairs. I am disappointed in my ability in researching what MH to buy. I assume several manufactures use this co. For slideouts. Just thought Winnebago would stand behind there builds better than others.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:05 PM   #4

Your worried about something that has not broken ? I am pretty confident that a company like Winnebago, Tiffin, Thor et all, have built hundreds of RV's with this system that never have a problem. Properly maintained in the manner in which it is intended to be used, you should have no problems.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:08 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
Your worried about something that has not broken ? I am pretty confident that a company like Winnebago, Tiffin, Thor et all, have built hundreds of RV's with this system that never have a problem. Properly maintained in the manner in which it is intended to be used, you should have no problems.
Don has a very valid point, many trouble areas will become evident early on. The fact that your unit is a 2015 model, would make me feel better as the know weak areas could have been reengineered and corrected.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:44 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You may be over-thinking this a little bit. The schwintek stuff is pretty good when used properly. Get the coach and go somewhere fun
aviator37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:03 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Is it going to happen !

Aviator 37 I think I do as the instructions say when putting in and out. Always level MH and leave motor running while deploying all three sides. One slide out is full length. The guy at CW said that once you start slide moving do not stop untill all the way out or all the way in. Do you all think that is right.?
Old 01-23-2015, 07:50 PM   #8

i agree use it and have fun.( quote The guy at CW said that once you start slide moving do not stop untill all the way out or all the way in. Do you all think that is right.?) yes
Old 01-23-2015, 08:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV Bum View Post
Aviator 37 I think I do as the instructions say when putting in and out. Always level MH and leave motor running while deploying all three sides. One slide out is full length. The guy at CW said that once you start slide moving do not stop untill all the way out or all the way in. Do you all think that is right.?

It doesn't matter what we "think" about your slides. What does your OWNER'S MANUAL say? That is the final - and ONLY - authority here.
Rich-n-Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:24 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
We went to Lichtsinn to have some service work on the MH. I found a leak at the pump for the leveling jacks. I felt that I could fix it myself but was worried that is was a repair that I could also make worse.

While at Lichtsinn we had a few other issues looked after.

While working on the pump the tech decided he did not like the sound of the jacks. Called the Lippert rep at the factory who came over and decided all the jacks should be replaced.

Winnebago parts did not have jacks in stock so the replacement jacks were pulled from production.

Lichtsinn installed them and we were on our way the next day.

IMO you will enjoy your coach if you do not worry until something happens and if you are treated as we were you will still have no worries.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:36 AM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
schwintek customer service says to hold the button down until the motors completely stop running at the end of slide travel. This calibrates the motor travel. These guys are great to talk to and I encourage you to talk to them with questions. They also have good instructional videos on-line.
aviator37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:10 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Is it going to happen !!

Aviator 37. Thanks that is what I was told also. I am not one to worry about things a lot , but I assume that I just think the company that builds the coach should be more responsible for there builds. I am learning the ways of the MH world. Thanks again for you take on things