Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2005, 04:16 PM   #1

I am looking at a new 2005 Simba coach that is optioned out except there is only one AC. Does anyone have experience with one 13.5 unit, ducted, in a 34.3 foot coach?

Second question is; can I add another unit without any problem. The coach has 50 amp service and the 5.5 generator. I like everything about this MH except the lack of the dual AC's.

Thanks for any replies.

"A First time buyer",
Michael

Dynamax 2006 Grand Sport 38'
Berners is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2005, 04:16 PM   #2

I am looking at a new 2005 Simba coach that is optioned out except there is only one AC. Does anyone have experience with one 13.5 unit, ducted, in a 34.3 foot coach?

Second question is; can I add another unit without any problem. The coach has 50 amp service and the 5.5 generator. I like everything about this MH except the lack of the dual AC's.

Thanks for any replies.

"A First time buyer",
Michael

Dynamax 2006 Grand Sport 38'
Berners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 04:30 PM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
The 13.5 might be a little small if you plan to do much RVing in the South or during the heat of the summer elsewhere. I have a fifth wheel that's 33' 9" and I opted for a 15.0 BTU ducted AC.

Regarding adding another AC later, it'd be a big help if the trailer was already prepped at the factory for a second AC. Factory prep should consist of an AC circuit and line, beefed up ceiling around the second AC's location, and wiring for a wall thermostat pre-installed. Also, on ducted rigs, a plenum to connect the second unit to the ducts.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:38 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
We had one 15k btu unit on our 35 foot 5er and found it to be over taxed in the southern states during hot weather. Several times it was unable to cool below 85 degrees during the day when the outside temp was 100 in Texas. After the sun went down it would cool to your selected temperature. During the day the compresser ran non-stop. I will never have a unit with only one air again. Besides that, I like the idea of the second air if one air goes down.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:09 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I agree with terry-I would not have only one unit- we just bought a 2005 40ft Monaco Knight and it has two 13.5 and it cools good(we are in Florida) but it works to do it. Had I thought before , I would have tried to get two 15 units.
Living the Dream------ Largo, Fl.
Newmar 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:57 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hey, you are ready for the Northern states and Alaska I have to go along with the others. I have two and live in So Ca. It is now in the triple digits, you need two.

YosemiteBobR is offline   Reply With Quote