Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2015, 08:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Cool
Just not factory-ready.
the excursion was ahorrible rattle trap.. side to side sway harsh bumpy ride...

you can ask my wife, l almost most cry'd... what did I do

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2015, 08:23 PM   #16

so anyway,.. I slowly warm'n up to the big MOO COW MOOTOR home
and the wife says..." I'm tired of you whining,, you find a better one go get it...but it has to be new.. and it has to have a walk around bed, and a sofa and dinette...

so... looks like I have the best there is...cool

Old 04-04-2015, 08:28 PM   #17

and it has to be 34' and under...

heres 34'6
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2005 journey wtrailer 009.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	90592   Click image for larger version

Name:	2005 journey wtrailer 012.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	90593  

Old 04-04-2015, 10:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebug5 View Post
I looked up the floor plan for the 2015 33D. It only has one sofa, then the other seating options are to use the driver and passenger seats. I guess someone could sit at the dinette, just not me.

Our moho has a similar floor plan, but there is an additional recliner opposite the sofa. Not sure about the rest of you, but we seldom have used the driver or passenger seats unless guests drop in for a drink. Are there other options I missed on the FW site? One sofa and no other chairs seems to be a bit short to me.

Our moho is only 33' in length, but we love the size. The 33D looks great, just want another recliner or two. Maybe a euro chair would fit somewhere?

Bruce
if you look at the rear bed room.. full wall to wall closet plus wall to wal dresser..

the other thing..the passenger seat swivels to be a recliner with foot rest... the driver seat also swivels and a cocktail table goes between...

with the floor flat.... no motor hump.. and with the chair no up against the other.... easy to use

2014 Fleetwood Excursion 33D Class A Diesel Tulsa, OK RV for Sale | RV Details | New and Used Travel Trailer RVs, New and Used Fifth Wheel RVs, New and Used RV Campers, New and Used Motorhomes, RVs Trailers and Campers For Sale | Bob Hurley RV Tulsa
Old 04-04-2015, 10:45 PM   #19

2014 excursion 33d
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014_Fleetwood_Excursion_33D.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	90607  
Old 04-04-2015, 11:04 PM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
The layout is very similar to ours, but I already know what would happen if I bought the 33D. Wifey would take over the sofa, just like Cleopatra, so I better really like the passenger chair! Something about driving in the same type of chair all day, then having to sit on it all evening. Yea, she would scoot over and let me huggle next to her to watch a show. But make no mistake, the sofa would be her territory. I do not like sitting at the dinette to eat, little less to do anything else. Maybe a nice euro chair would scoot in there somewhere.

It looks a bit tight walking around the bed in the pictures. Not a deal breaker, and the closets and wardrobes are great. We have a full wall with 2 sliding closets, and 2 drawers under each closet. Then, there are 2 more drawers under each side of the queen bed. There is more room to walk around our bed, but there is no padded bench at the foot of the bed, either.

We do not plan on full-timing in our current moho, but when we lived in it while looking for our current home, I was OK with the 33', but the wifey did get a bit of cabin fever. When you think about it, you usually spend about 1/3 of the time in the bed, another 1/3 of the time outside of the moho, and finally the last 1/3 of the time inside the living area and kitchen. Some of us guys may spend too much time in the bathroom. . . My point is to be sure to have a really comfy bed, a bunch of hobbies to mess around with outside (you obviously already meet this requirement), and a comfy living area to have adult beverages in. Drinks for 6, dinner for 4, sleeps 2. You got that covered!

Bruce
Firebug5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:43 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebug5 View Post
The layout is very similar to ours, but I already know what would happen if I bought the 33D. Wifey would take over the sofa, just like Cleopatra, so I better really like the passenger chair! Something about driving in the same type of chair all day, then having to sit on it all evening. Yea, she would scoot over and let me huggle next to her to watch a show. But make no mistake, the sofa would be her territory. I do not like sitting at the dinette to eat, little less to do anything else. Maybe a nice euro chair would scoot in there somewhere.

It looks a bit tight walking around the bed in the pictures. Not a deal breaker, and the closets and wardrobes are great. We have a full wall with 2 sliding closets, and 2 drawers under each closet. Then, there are 2 more drawers under each side of the queen bed. There is more room to walk around our bed, but there is no padded bench at the foot of the bed, either.

We do not plan on full-timing in our current moho, but when we lived in it while looking for our current home, I was OK with the 33', but the wifey did get a bit of cabin fever. When you think about it, you usually spend about 1/3 of the time in the bed, another 1/3 of the time outside of the moho, and finally the last 1/3 of the time inside the living area and kitchen. Some of us guys may spend too much time in the bathroom. . . My point is to be sure to have a really comfy bed, a bunch of hobbies to mess around with outside (you obviously already meet this requirement), and a comfy living area to have adult beverages in. Drinks for 6, dinner for 4, sleeps 2. You got that covered!

Bruce
The sofa has retracting foot rest on each end, as does the passenger seat that also reclines...

the sofa is also a fold out air bed , and the drop down has an air matteress...

it comes with a table the goes between the two front seats... about 36''

so it makes for extra dinner seating...

so I would say 6-6-6 is comfortable

while at the river we had 8 drinkers....
Old 04-05-2015, 11:59 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
The sofa has retracting foot rest on each end, as does the passenger seat that also reclines...

the sofa is also a fold out air bed , and the drop down has an air matteress...

it comes with a table the goes between the two front seats... about 36''

so it makes for extra dinner seating...

so I would say 6-6-6 is comfortable

while at the river we had 8 drinkers....
We have the 35C, which is a bit bigger. Love the overhead bunk for my 6 year old. Never used the air mattress, went with this 5-memory foam mattress

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The couch is horrible. Thinking of replacing it with a Lazy Boy love seat (I think it needs to be under 65 inches in width. Did not see a wall hugger Lazyboy I liked yet.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:11 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
We have the 35C, which is a bit bigger. Love the overhead bunk for my 6 year old. Never used the air mattress, went with this 5-memory foam mattress

Amazon.com - LUCID 5 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress - Dual-Layered - CertiPUR-US Certified - Firm Feel - Queen Size -

The couch is horrible. Thinking of replacing it with a Lazy Boy love seat (I think it needs to be under 65 inches in width. Did not see a wall hugger Lazyboy I liked yet.
the sofa works fine for my wife...5'2'' 110lbs.... not so much for me ... reminds me of model home furniture...LOL... x2 on horrible here

our sofa seats 3 so going to a wall hugger is gonna cut 1 seat out..

I have been looking also
Old 04-05-2015, 12:44 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
the sofa works fine for my wife...5'2'' 110lbs.... not so much for me ... reminds me of model home furniture...LOL... x2 on horrible here

our sofa seats 3 so going to a wall hugger is gonna cut 1 seat out..

I have been looking also
In defense of the existing couch when I open it up as a bed and throw down some pillows it's comfortable to watch TV on
Old 04-05-2015, 12:47 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
In defense of the existing couch when I open it up as a bed and throw down some pillows it's comfortable to watch TV on
why not just go back in the bed.. then all you have to do is shut your eyes when you wanna go to sleep.