Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2015, 11:37 PM   #1

Is the Mobileye System worth buying??

My new MH has finally arrived!!! There are a couple of things that I want done at the dealer before I go down and pick it up, one of the things that I have seen on some of the more expensive class A is the Mobileye Safety Alert system, can anyone tell me is this something that it's worth installing on a MH?? I know that most MH now have the side cameras to help you with the blind spots but this system from what I read is to alert you if something or someone gets to close to the front of the MH it alerts you if somehow you get to close to the vehicle in front of you or a bike get to close, I'm aware that we should always be aware of our surrounding when driving anything but more important when driving a MH but I always say it's better to be safe then sorry so I'm in favor of most safety gadgets that can be installed in a moving vehicle anyone out there using one of these systems??? Thank You!!!!
Grandcanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2015, 05:14 AM   #2

Interesting question. I just had to Google this and find out more. One comment I read was this system can read speed limit signs! will electronic wonders never stop? Amazing. Looks like the cost is somewhere between $800 and $1300 in the comments I read.

Keep us posted if you advance this idea.

BTW, what rig did you just get?
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:00 AM   #3

If your main concern is about the front end blind spot, I would just install a forward facing camera, maybe on the roof line looking down over the windshield. All the lane alerts would be annoying to me and most GPS units will give you the posted speeds. The company's website isn't too informative and a quick google search didn't come up with any rave reviews. I think I would pass and spend the money on a trip.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:21 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The radar alerts installed in car rear bumpers are very inexpensive on eBay for the four head models and who's to say they can not be installed in the front bumper (I could see where traveling through a heavy bug area you could get a false alarm).

Many of them come with cameras as well and still inexpensive and easy to install.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:02 AM   #5

Mine came with it. I didn't much like it at first; would beep all the time. On the way home from the dealer I was already thinkling of ways to defeat it / turn it off. Gradually I got used to it and lo and behold I think it has made me a better / safer driver by warning me of lane departure. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:29 PM   #6

Mobileye Question!!!

Hello and Thanks for notes on this matter, my new rig will be a 2015 Allegro Red 38QRA and thanks for your honest answer Hawgguy I originally thought the same thing but like I mentioned I do like all of the safety items that most new vehicle bring now a days, in reality all MH should come with the front sensors heck they even come now a days on the Ford Fusion that is $30K you would think that MH manufacturers would add this to a $200K coach maybe we will see this in the near future. Again Thanks for the information!
Grandcanyon is offline   Reply With Quote