Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2016, 07:48 AM   #15

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2016, 08:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
Excuse my ignorance but i'm having trouble figuring out what a Sanicon or Flojet is for. I looked at the link above and see that the Sanicon is actually a pump. I guess it would be good if the campground connection was uphill but in all our travels, i've never encountered this situation. What would be the other reason(s) for using these products?

When i read the OP, i thought Suecamp was simply wanting a way to keep a standard sewer hose connected at all times, even for travel. It would of course, depend on their coach's set up as there are many variables.
Because its a pump its uses a much smaller hose that easily stores, you can also extend it with a garden hose if needed.

The point in this thread is about not having to disconnect, the Sanicon box model I have is permanently attached to the main outlet, the wand is attached to the thin hose permanently with the small hose cap on the end for storage. All you do to use is pull out the wand attach to sewer and pump out. Then put the cap on and store.

So much easier to deal with then the 3" slinky. Yes it goes uphill so you don't have to think about where the sewer is in relation to low point or have to prop up hose or anything.

I bought and installed mainly because I wanted pump out at home and it was trivial to run 3/4" pvc line to RV pad and tap into house plumbing, but after using at campground I wouldn't go back because of how easy it is to use and store.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:19 AM   #17

Quote:
Excuse my ignorance but i'm having trouble figuring out what a Sanicon or Flojet is for. I looked at the link above and see that the Sanicon is actually a pump. I guess it would be good if the campground connection was uphill but in all our travels, i've never encountered this situation. What would be the other reason(s) for using these products?
When i read the OP, i thought Suecamp was simply wanting a way to keep a standard sewer hose connected at all times, even for travel. It would of course, depend on their coach's set up as there are many variables.
Mudfrog
A Sanicon or Flojet macteror pump are great to have ....but only if you need one.
Methinks some coach owners buy them simply because they have extra money to spend....(and because guys like you and I don't have, or need, one).
Mel
'96 Safar1, 148k miles
Old 08-06-2016, 08:24 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We always hear that you dhoukd at least have 3/4 full tanks before draning so you have a faster water flowto flush out more solides.

It seems like these sewer pumps wilk have a much slower flow and mire material will settle on the tank floor and not get flushed out.

Is this a problem?

Dan
Old 08-06-2016, 08:29 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
Mudfrog
A Sanicon or Flojet macteror pump are great to have ....but only if you need one.
Methinks some coach owners buy them simply because they have extra money to spend....(and because guys like you and I don't have, or need, one).
Mel
'96 Safar1, 148k miles
Don't need and RV either, tents work great. Methinks some just buy them because they have extra money to spend....
Old 08-06-2016, 08:33 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpinvidic View Post
We always hear that you dhoukd at least have 3/4 full tanks before draning so you have a faster water flowto flush out more solides.

It seems like these sewer pumps wilk have a much slower flow and mire material will settle on the tank floor and not get flushed out.

Is this a problem?

Dan
I just use the technique recommend in the manual, pump out black, then open grey which back flushes black tank with grey, close grey pump out, repeat 2 or 3 times till grey is gone, seems to flush the black tank well.

Its kinda like having 3rd valve lets me equalize tanks if I want too.

It pumps out fast, but it does take a little longer than the 3" hose.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:36 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
This is my procedure. I can't remember the last time I unhooked my sewer hose.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:57 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharrell View Post
Don't need and RV either, tents work great. Methinks some just buy them because they have extra money to spend....
Old 08-06-2016, 09:23 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
This is my procedure. I can't remember the last time I unhooked my sewer hose.

Tom N, how much 3" hose do you have in there? Looks like you have about 30 foot zig zagging in there. Is there a pump (Sanicon/Flowjet ) at the other end of the hose? If so, how much pressure builds going into the small hole? I'd be afraid there be more possibility of leaks popping up with all that inside the compartment.

And not that i drink out of the shower hose but, i wouldn't want ours to be that close to and actually touching the sewer stuff. Btw, we do have basically the same compartment set up on our Itasca.

And thanks for the replies. We aren't fulltiming yet but i'm thinking that maybe when and if we get to, these things will make more sense to me.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:36 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharrell View Post
This is true for sure. But for my RV choice, it comes down to a few things. We love the outdoors but i don't want to tent in warm weather and i don't want to get rained out. Been there, done that. Most people aren't concerned about this but sleeping in our own bed is important to us. For most of our trips, everything is packed except for food, clothes and toiletries. It's expensive but worth extra money to us.

On the other hand, for now at least, i can't think of any reason a Sanicon or Flojet set up would be useful to us.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:36 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Tom N, how much 3" hose do you have in there? Looks like you have about 30 foot zig zagging in there. Is there a pump (Sanicon/Flowjet ) at the other end of the hose?
20' hose and NO Sanicon/Flowjet.

Winnebago designed a small hole with a rubber flapper valve in the bottom of the hole located in the sewer compartment. Any residual liquid remain in the hose, after dumping, would drip from this hole/rubber flapper valve.

I have never had a closed slide valve failure in 42 years. When the dump valve is completely closed I see no way the valve could fail.

-Tom, W3TLN

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:43 AM   #26

Quote:
This is true for sure. But for my RV choice, it comes down to a few things. We love the outdoors but i don't want to tent in warm weather and i don't want to get rained out. Been there, done that. Most people aren't concerned about this but sleeping in our own bed is important to us. For most of our trips, everything is packed except for food, clothes and toiletries. It's expensive but worth extra money to us.

On the other hand, for now at least, i can't think of any reason a Sanicon or Flojet set up would be useful to us.
Sorry I guess my sarcasm didn't come across, just makes me laugh when people say you don't need this or that for the RV. The whole RV falls under that category, its definitely not an investment, its something I pay money for to get enjoyment out of. Just not sure why people find the need to jump into threads and ding those of us that pay for some extra for a piece of equipment they don't want to spend money on.

The Sanicon is something I payed money for to increase my enjoyment of RVing, just like the rest of the RV it's not needed. One of its "features" is that you don't need to disconnect it and handling and storage is easier due to the smaller self collapsing hose and small cap to seal it up. The other aspects are nice too when you need them, such as pumping uphill or long distance, both of which I have used on rare occasions at campgrounds and all the time when dumping at home.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:40 AM   #27
WDW

2x on increase enjoyment. If this were TT discussion I would not be here. But you could call me at the Marriott.

2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH
2015 Jeep Roadmaster AT. tow bar with RVI2 supplemental.

Taking in the sight wherever our Trolley takes us...
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 12:25 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would guess that nobody else does this so I wasn't even going to bring it up. My back is kind of bad and so are my knees and ankles- so I opted to buy a Stowaway2 (a box that attaches into your receiver). When I'm done flushing and ready to leave, I just take the whole sewer hose, connectors, etc. and just put them back there. Very easy and painless; I also keep my extra entry step back there and I still have some room left. We don't tow anything except a boat every now and then so I rarely ever take it off.