Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #1

Is this a Full Moon weekend?

As someone that spends too much time on the computers, I have noticed an increase in arguments and sometimes calling a poster a lier on here.
What got me to thinking (dangerous) was the thread about the sun rays doing damage to the side of an rv. Altho this is not something that would happen every day, I think it would be possible. The OP was called a lier (in so many words) and he made it up.
It is easy to be "big" behind a keyboard and say things that you would never say in person.
I have read many things that I know are not true but I get a laugh and move on. Too bad that people on the internet can't do that.
Have no idea where the people in question came from but if I was a moderator (no thoughts) I would tell them to go back to the old home place.
Hope the moderators get a grip on this before things sink too low.
Just my cents worth witch I have been told is not worth much.
southland is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Seems about this time every year things will get a bit strange on the RV forums. I think it is mostly cabin fever starting to set in from the folks up north. Now we have a full moon and things may get really strange.

Down in SE Texas we get the cabin fever in July and August.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
* Full moon calendar 2012 (for different time zones) * Lunatic Fringe
Old 01-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes a very astute observation. I have noticed the same thing but with my psychology background I attribute it to the need to overcompensate for some basic insecurity. I remember when I had to sit down with my 85 y.o. father and explain to him "that everyone on the internet lies". It was my way of telling him to take it for what it is worth. As the rv forums grow I think they will attract a varied crowd. I hope I can continue to appreciate the entertainment value of them.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
You can always tell when it is a full moon when you visit Walmart. The time is around 7pm for the best results.
targaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
It is interesting that I thought the neighbor's window reflection was entirely reasonable. However, being technical I do find that many of the technical posts are just babel with the writer not knowing anything about the subject. It is my entertainment to just see how off base people in general can get and still present their thoughts seriously.
targaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by targaboat View Post
It is interesting that I thought the neighbor's window reflection was entirely reasonable. However, being technical I do find that many of the technical posts are just babel with the writer not knowing anything about the subject. It is my entertainment to just see how off base people in general can get and still present their thoughts seriously.
I hava a background in electronics/electrical and mechanical so there are not many things I won't tackle including going into the Cummins.
I see posts where a person is wanting info on something and I think, can they be that clueless and then I remember that they may not have my background.
Think the point is, no one person knows everything and I learn a lot by reading not only this forum but others. I will post if someone has a question about something that I am familar with and would hope I could be helped if I have a problem.
I felt the OP with the paint burn problem did a good job of troubleshooting and did not seem to be asking for a solution. He did draw a number of posts, several not positive, from people that seemed to be a little lite on brain cells.
My final thoughts on this is that for the most part, this is a good fourm and I would hate to see it sink to the level of some others.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #8

This kind of reminds me of the CB radio saga. I'm an old truck driver and been rving for over 30 years. I'm sorry, I don't have a certificate to prove it to anyone. Any who. Point being, back in the early 70s folks used the cb to pass along information and engage in civil conversation and such. Then, as years passed, more folks with selfishly motivated interests became involved in its use. Now you can't get any information with out listening to a long string of obscenities from folks who have no interest in anything but offending people for their on pleasure and god help if your wife or daughter needs help over the cb. Point here is, while cb's operate over public air and there isn't anyone who can control it and has become the essence public personality, this is a subscribed forum which can be controlled tightly and should be. If it isn't, at some point, the haters will start to outnumber the folks who only seak to exchange information of a useful nature. Reasonable folks will leave and , like cb's, only the hatres will remain. Then, where will we find out how fix a leaky toilet or find fuse without being told how stupid or ignorrant or that we can't spell .
Old 01-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #9

I must be missing something - what has this got to do with a full moon? Last time I saw a full moon was in the back window of a car!
Dick Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
I must be missing something - what has this got to do with a full moon? Last time I saw a full moon was in the back window of a car!
Reason for the title is that a full moon seems brings out the weirdos and wack jobs. My point is there seem to be several on here this weekend.
Hope this clears it up for you!!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by southland View Post
Reason for the title is that a full moon seems brings out the weirdos and wack jobs. My point is there seem to be several on here this weekend.
Hope this clears it up for you!!!!!!!!
Why are you limiting it to THIS WEEKEND?

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Seems about this time every year things will get a bit strange on the RV forums. I think it is mostly cabin fever starting to set in from the folks up north. Now we have a full moon and things may get really strange.

Down in SE Texas we get the cabin fever in July and August.

Ken
Well I am one of "the folks up north" and , yes I do tend to spend more time on this forum at this time of year then others. Although we just came back from a Caribbean cruise 2 weeks ago..........But us folks up north just can't get enough of YOUR fine southern hospitality. I wish we could just hop in the MH and GO. But I have to wait a while Full moons have nothing to do about it. Cabin fever................. Maybe. We have had such a great time in TX last year that we wish we could go back RIGHT NOW. But we can't. See you in March.

Disclaimer: I am speaking for myself. Others may not have the same experiences that we have had in Texas but we are fortunate that we met a great bunch of Boomers down there last year and our experiences were exceptional. I wish geographically we were closer so that we could enjoy more good times with them.

From Canada, with great memories.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Maybe SW TN is the same ........just haven't been there yet
Old 01-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstonebay View Post
Maybe SW TN is the same ........just haven't been there yet
We are not bad people down here. If you make it to the area, I'll treat you to a fine home cooked BBQ.