Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2015, 12:38 PM   #1

isc 350 hp cummins bucks at start of incline

Been checking out this forum for about a year and have found lots of useful advise but have never asked for any or given any. Anyway our 99 HR Imperial on the last trip would balk at the start of almost any incline (even an overpass). Most of the time the warning light would flash but not every time. Also it would usually only do this the first 2 or 3 hills. After it "hick ups" it picks up power and runs just fine. We have owned this coach for almost 3 years and have had a lift pump, injection pump, ECM, and the TCM replaced each at different times and trips. I thought maybe it could be the air filter but checked and it was fine. Anybody have any thoughts before I take it to the Cummins dealer?? I would love to go full time but my wife is spooked because of the major issues we have had.
Thanks Paul
paul_marlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2015, 05:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_marlene View Post
Been checking out this forum for about a year and have found lots of useful advise but have never asked for any or given any. Anyway our 99 HR Imperial on the last trip would balk at the start of almost any incline (even an overpass). Most of the time the warning light would flash but not every time. Also it would usually only do this the first 2 or 3 hills. After it "hick ups" it picks up power and runs just fine. We have owned this coach for almost 3 years and have had a lift pump, injection pump, ECM, and the TCM replaced each at different times and trips. I thought maybe it could be the air filter but checked and it was fine. Anybody have any thoughts before I take it to the Cummins dealer?? I would love to go full time but my wife is spooked because of the major issues we have had.
Thanks Paul
Try replacing the fuel filter/s
Boyle908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:46 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyle908 View Post
Try replacing the fuel filter/s
That is what I did and problem went away.

Tags
cummins