Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2015, 09:22 AM   #1

Itasca Horizon fuse/CB panel locations

I have a new to me, 2007 Itasca Horizon 40FD and a trailer wiring issue. On the tow dolly, the left turn and brake lights don't work. Running lights, right brake and turn work. Coach lights work. The Freightliner chassis owner's manual shows circuit breaker and fuse panels, one of which is the optional Tow Power PDMs. In that panel there are separate fuses/CBs 20A for the left and right "Tow left turn" and "tow right turn". Problem is I can't find that panel. It's not in the electrical compartment forward of the lefty from wheel, can't find one in generator or engine compartment, and also can't find one in steering wheel vicinity. These are locations mentioned in the owner's manual without being specific where.

Thanks in advance.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2015, 11:51 AM   #2

I recently hooked a trailer to our Suncruiser. I, too, had lighting problems on the trailer. It ended up being a bad ground. Once I hooked up a new ground, everything was fine. Went all the way to South Dakota and back with no issues. The first place to start would be to hook up a temporary ground and see if that solves the issue.
woollee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwwicks View Post
I have a new to me, 2007 Itasca Horizon 40FD and a trailer wiring issue. On the tow dolly, the left turn and brake lights don't work. Running lights, right brake and turn work. Coach lights work. The Freightliner chassis owner's manual shows circuit breaker and fuse panels, one of which is the optional Tow Power PDMs. In that panel there are separate fuses/CBs 20A for the left and right "Tow left turn" and "tow right turn". Problem is I can't find that panel. It's not in the electrical compartment forward of the lefty from wheel, can't find one in generator or engine compartment, and also can't find one in steering wheel vicinity. These are locations mentioned in the owner's manual without being specific where.

Thanks in advance.
drwwicks,
Many folks have been stumped on the location of the fuses you're looking for. Freightliner, in its infinite wisdom, located the fuse "block" in a remote area far away from any other fuses and electrical control systems in the coach. On some, like ours which is a 2004 Itasca Horizon 36GD with the C-7 330HP CAT, that fuse block is located inside the leuvered left rear panel covering the dash A/C condenser. You have to unscrew a couple of screws on the side and, a couple on the bottom of that panel and, raise it just like a compartment door.

Then you'll see not only that fuse block but, other electrical control boxes to.

But, on your Horizon, I'd just about bet it's inside the shore power compartment. And, it's HIDDEN! I say hidden because it's behind a small panel, in the upper right hand corner, close to the door. That panel has to be removed, again, by a couple of screws. Then that SHOULD reveal the fuse block for the trailer plug on the rear of the coach. Take a look there and see if what I'm telling is correct or not. Let us know what you find.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:59 PM   #4

The panel is behind the side radiator cover and rear of the radiator. Another plastic cover was over 2 fuse blocks. Found the blown 20A for left turn tow.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, fuse, itasca, panel