Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #15

battery disconnect switches

So if I switch off my battery disconnects does it still put a charge into my batteries since im plugged in to keep a couple heaters running? Should i still disconnect the ground wire to the batteries?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2011, 12:30 PM   #16

Winterize.......

.......Not.

Leaving to head south on the 7th of November.....Texas here we come!

NALSO

Old 11-01-2011, 07:24 PM   #17

Hi All, I just drained my 2901 Baystar today and when looking at the fresh water tank on the curb side, there appears to be about an inch of water left in the bottom of the tank. Yes I opened the two valves on the other side of the coach as well, opened the faucets when it was draining. Should I take it for a drive to shake it around some to get more water to come out or will it be ok as is with some water in the bottom of the tank? Plan on pumping the anti freeze through the system tomorrow. Thanks in advance for any input. love this site!
Old 11-01-2011, 07:31 PM   #18
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You have jacks just tilt to the side to drain. If you have slopping drive would drain to rear of slope.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #19
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dirkules welcome to the forum & irv2, if you have a Newmar just leave you switch on and charge batteries, check them so they always have water unless AGM's, also shot off the LP Gas detector by switch or pull fuse.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stogie View Post
Winterizing for me consists on setting the thermostat on 50 and putting a lightbulb on a thermostat controlled receptacle in the water compartment.
I want to be ready to go.
Perfect Stogie, just bought a 2003 Winnabego Sightseerer and have a lot of reading to do...I guess the first thing I have to do is replace all the tires.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:02 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
I am brand new at this, just bought a 2003 Winnabego with 10,300 miles, V-!0....I am told I will have to replace the tires for they have never been replaced....live in So. Cal. so guess I don't need to winterize.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #22
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome jabfado to irv2.
As long as your not in mountains you may not have to winterize, lucky guy.
Your tires may not have to be changed either I have a 03 and tires have wear but look good on sidewalls both sides so I'm pushing for the Michelin 10 year warranty.
If you have coach weight and follow MFG's tire pressure tables it may pay off for you.
Done the same for 6 coach's with out blowouts also.
When you have a question start a new thread getting on tail end of someone else's it may get lost.
Enjoy the forums.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:15 PM   #23
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Question snowbird ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguyfromcalg View Post
Can't wait till I'm old enough to become a snow bird and avoid the cold winters
I'm old enough, but can't see me sitting somewhere south all winter.
Love to travel towards spring that direction.

TW
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #24
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes2baystar View Post
Hi All, I just drained my 2901 Baystar today and when looking at the fresh water tank on the curb side, there appears to be about an inch of water left in the bottom of the tank. Yes I opened the two valves on the other side of the coach as well, opened the faucets when it was draining. Should I take it for a drive to shake it around some to get more water to come out or will it be ok as is with some water in the bottom of the tank? Plan on pumping the anti freeze through the system tomorrow. Thanks in advance for any input. love this site!
I leave the Drain Valve (Water Tank) open, so - when driving, the rest will come out. It's clean water.
TW
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:29 AM   #25

Thanks for advice on getting water out of the fresh water tank. Tipping the coach to one side didn't seem to get much out. Talked to the dealer and the guys in the shop said to drive it for 5 miles or so like TW suggested, perfect.....because it's 10 miles to where it gets put away for the winter. Then he said what's left in there won't hurt anything anyway so I feel much better about spring and not having problems now. Thanks again!
Old 11-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Should I pull the batteries out for winter

Living in Northern Virginia my coach will sit for three month's over the winter. I might be able to occasionally start the engine and generator-- every two or three weeks-- --- unless we again get greater than average snow, if so it could be more than three weeks. My storage lot does not provide power, so no chance keeping the batteries charged via shore power. I have 2 chassis batteries and 6 coach batteries. What do you think, should I take them out for the winter, is it worth the hassle?

Mike
Old 11-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Water in tank after emptying

I helped a friend of mine winterize the other day and there was a little water in the water tank. I took a clean rag and wound it up tight and skinny. I put it partially into the water tank and watched it "wick" the water out onto the clean rag. I told my friend to do that a few times in the next few days and it would be empty. Those Chamois Cloths work well.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #28

Filled my batteries today and hooked up battery minders to both coach and engine batteries. Have everything winterized with AF and Sta-bil, and installed the cover for winter. Would rather be taking it off, but that will have to wait until April.

John H... is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter