Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2014, 06:44 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ie2special View Post
We will need the first coach (with 3 distinct sleeping areas) until Summer 2020. Then we can go to just 2 sleeping areas. I want to get the right coach now, that we can have for a long time, and that we can modify as needed. I don't want to be trading them in all the time. I would love to stay under 100K but that isnt happening :( I also do not want to buy new. The question is, do I spend almost 250K on a used foretravel that is already 10 years old, with the perfect floor plan, or spend the same or less on a barely used entegra aspire? Does the magic number go by by when dealing with the pricey ones?
Get the Foretravel. It probably sold for close to 2 million dollars when new. Newell and Foretravel are super luxury coaches. They are built on super custom chassis. Many have said the customer service from Foretravel and Newell is amazing....treat you well whether you bought new or 10+ years old.

Not much beats having the perfect floor plan

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2014, 08:37 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ie2special View Post
The question is, do I spend almost 250K on a used foretravel that is already 10 years old, with the perfect floor plan, or spend the same or less on a barely used entegra aspire?
I am so cheap that I squeak when I walk, BUT when I find the perfect floor plan my wallet opens wide open.

Perfect floor plan = priceless, IMHO.

As the other poster said Foretravel's are great coaches.

StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:57 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
IMO, the Foretravel would be more on the level of the Entegra Cornerstone. The Entegra's are beautiful coaches and seem to be made very well, but I would certainly give the Foretravel serious consideration if it is a good floor plan for you. They are built rock solid. I have a neighbor with an older Foretravel (15+ years old) and it is still solid and looks new.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:57 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Perfect floor plan is the winner every time. Money wise it may not be the best decision, but there are no pockets in those boxes to take it with you. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:47 AM   #33

I guess I would look at it a little differently. Unless you are the type that needs top shelf everything and the wallet to get it, I would go with the Entegra. You already stated this will be a stepping stone coach. Why not save some money, get a high end barely used coach such as the Entegra and move up to a Foretravel or Newell type coach in 2020 as you stated. Yes the Foretravel is built like a rock, but will the systems such as appliances, water and heat and just about everything else but the chassis last 16 plus years? I would think technology has changed a lot in the last 10 years, no less 16.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:52 AM   #34

One last thought to follow up on your second question regarding the "magic number". I would think that the higher up you go in price the more leverage and bargaining power you will have in your hand due to a smaller market size. If you look where the movement in class A motor homes is it is with the smaller 26-30 rigs priced at 65K to under a 100K. Sorta like the boating industry having a wash out of 26-40+ foot boats to 19-24 day boats.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:46 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
Are you financing? If so coaches older than 7 to 8 years are extremely, if not impossible to arrange terms. IMO, buy the highest end coach you can afford, have a third party, competent third party, evaluate condition, and proceed using extreme due diligence.
This is true with banks or finance co, but ours was 15 yrs old and our credit union financed it.But be prepared for higher finance charges 7-8%(for 7 years) and we have excellent credit !!
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:07 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincee View Post
I guess I would look at it a little differently. Unless you are the type that needs top shelf everything and the wallet to get it, I would go with the Entegra. You already stated this will be a stepping stone coach. Why not save some money, get a high end barely used coach such as the Entegra and move up to a Foretravel or Newell type coach in 2020 as you stated. Yes the Foretravel is built like a rock, but will the systems such as appliances, water and heat and just about everything else but the chassis last 16 plus years? I would think technology has changed a lot in the last 10 years, no less 16.
The Entegra isn't the stepping stone, it is where we want to end up.

We were hoping there was a cheaper, quality alternative for the time being but there is not.

Entegra looks like where to go, which makes used pretty hard since they haven't been around long!