Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2016, 05:13 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Jack Antenna

My Class A came with the Jack Antenna . Recently I was in an area known to have lots of available TV channels. The TV screen would read "No Signal" every time I would turn the booster on and loose all reception, but yet if I turned the booster off I would receive some channels but not all that were available. I contacted Jack Tech Support and they were of no help. Do any of you have any ideas of what's happening?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2016, 05:25 PM   #2

Cant speak to boost on vs off unless some how you are getting two boost sources--unlikely...Just to be clear--the "new" digital signals are mostly line of sight and very directional, so--no parking behind hills/obstructions, and you need to turn your Jack in the direction of the signal source for best reception......

Old Scout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 05:54 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
If you have a switch box that provides signals to multiple TV's try bypassing it. Hook the TV directly up to the outlet on the booster and see if that helps.

If that doesn't help go on the roof and check the connection to the antenna, also, I believe the Jack Antenna has a small LED red light that comes on when it is amplified, make sure you are getting a red light.

If the LED light isn't on you might check the connections on the back of the booster, normally there are 3 hook ups, one for the in feed and #1 TV and #2 TV, make sure the cables are connected correctly. Here's a link to the instructions.
http://www.winegard.com/kbase/uploads/2451489.pdf

Believe it or not I had a similar problem on my Class C and found it wasn't hooked up correctly from the factory. I fooled with it for a year before I figured it out.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 05:55 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Old Scout,
I have tried rotating the antenna in all directions with pauses in-between hoping the signal would catch up. The signal strength lights (blue ones) are all lit up in 80-90 */* of the directions. I am parked no more than 10 miles from the signal transmission tower
Old 06-05-2016, 06:05 PM   #5

Official iRV2 Sponsor

I'm a bit puzzled. What did you have the TV tuned to when it suddenly started displaying the "no signal" message? Was it tuned to a known channel? Did you have the TV go through a Search Channels exercise?
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:26 PM   #6

I just had a similar problem with my winegard antenna. When I measured the voltage from the BOMB leading to the antenna it only was 4 volts. I measured the input to the BOMB which was 12 volts. Confused, I replugged all cables and it worked normally.
Moral - when weird problems occur, unplug and replug all connections.

Have a nice day - Darrel
Old 06-06-2016, 12:26 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Docj, yes the TV was preprogramed to known channels. After redoing the channel search, no channels were memorized. I left the TV on for hours and seemingly things started to come back but never got the full number of channels I normally found at that location after running the channel search again.
Darrel suggested unplugging connections and reconnecting them, that sounds like something I will try next time I am at the coach.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:04 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The Jack has it's own booster. The booster that came with the RV should be off. The booster that came with the Jack should be on.
Easyrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:28 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by len poleshaj View Post
My Class A came with the Jack Antenna . Recently I was in an area known to have lots of available TV channels. The TV screen would read "No Signal" every time I would turn the booster on and loose all reception, but yet if I turned the booster off I would receive some channels but not all that were available. I contacted Jack Tech Support and they were of no help. Do any of you have any ideas of what's happening?
I installed the Jack antenna and booster last year replacing my broken Winegard Batwing. The Jack has been a huge disapointment because of very limited range. While in Anaheim CA last year where channels are many,this thing only picked up a few. Called support and they told me that if it is recieving channels it is working correctly. Im replacing it with a Winegard that works and has great support.

Tags
antenna