Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2017, 04:01 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
Is anyone using Snap Pads with HWH jacks?
Call the company and ask if they'll fit, the person I spoke to was super nice. It's my understanding that they now have two sizes, maybe the new one will fit.

soonerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2017, 08:33 AM   #44

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
Is anyone using Snap Pads with HWH jacks?
Thanks for your interest in SnapPads.

No HWH version yet however I can confirm we are well on our way to releasing 8" & 10" versions.

If you would like to sign up for the waiting list email your name, RV and HWH landing foot size (check all 4 jacks) to info@rvsnappad.com.

We'll make sure you're one of the first to know when its released.

Also we usually issue a discount to everyone on the waiting list

RV SnapPad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:38 PM   #45

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerdave View Post
I purchased a set of Snap Pads and have since been wondering why someone didn't come up with these sooner! I have carried various pads over the years, 2x12, plywood, leggo blocks, etc, I always hated having to use them, especially when it was raining.

Since the Snap Pads are attached all the time I now just put the jacks down and done. The Pads add 62% more area to the jack foot so even on soft areas I won't have a problem.

Many newer, and some older campgrounds require pads under jacks now to prevent damage to the parking surface, I won't have to worry about having pads anymore.

Snap Pads originally only came in one size, I understand they have two sizes now. One thing I like about their product is they are made from recycled tires. Took less than ten minutes to install with a helper running the jacks. Great product!
x2, I order mine as soon as the big ones came out. $200 is kind of expensive for recycled rubber and not the easiest thing to put on (by myself) but 3 of them went on easy but one refused to go on or even attach so I could but a board under it., but so far they are working great. I always felt like those rounded steel pads would let me slide down a hill, I no longer have that worry.
Since i have cameras that show by jacks so I can see what they are doing from the drivers seat, I tried to put the glow in the dark paint on the pads before I installed them, but it just flaked off when I installed them, they flex quite a bit with 26K pounds on them.

jaywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:55 AM   #46

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywolf View Post
x2, I order mine as soon as the big ones came out. $200 is kind of expensive for recycled rubber and not the easiest thing to put on (by myself) but 3 of them went on easy but one refused to go on or even attach so I could but a board under it., but so far they are working great. I always felt like those rounded steel pads would let me slide down a hill, I no longer have that worry.
Since i have cameras that show by jacks so I can see what they are doing from the drivers seat, I tried to put the glow in the dark paint on the pads before I installed them, but it just flaked off when I installed them, they flex quite a bit with 26K pounds on them.

Hi Jay,

Thanks for sharing! That's very interesting.
Yes paints, stickers or anything other material isn't going to remain stuck to the side of the pads for long. This is due to the nature of the rubber and the way it flexes.
As for one of your pads not going on smoothly, toward the end of our installation video you can see instructions on how to get the one side to snap into place.
https://youtu.be/ylYRkySDWGQ?t=1m22s
Hope that helps.
Have a great weekend!
-The SnapPad Team
RV SnapPad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:28 PM   #47

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Made my own

Someone forgot to retrieve my ultra-high cost pads at the last CG..LOL No names mentioned. Here is my solution. I went to Lowes and bought 2 of the 8" wide plastic deck boards. (Tek Dek) I then cut them into 18 inch lengths. Laid two side by side and then applied Gorilla glue and laid the next two on top of those two, at 90 degree from the lower two. I then screwed them together using stainless steel screws. Drilled holes on all four sides for using my awning hook to pull them out. I have less than 40 dollars total wrapped up. I have used them 3 times and I love them. They handle the weight of my 35K MH.
Covelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:44 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
I bought a 4' X 6' X 3/4" barn stall mat and then cut it into 1' squares.... Ended up with 24 squares - kept 12 and gave 12 to a friend.... Having them in these squares makes them easy to store and handle and can stack them under jacks if needed.....
How have they been holding up? Are you able to drill holes and tie ropes through them to make them easier to retrieve and more like the Hoss Pads?
BluGas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:57 PM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
I also used the barn mat but went a couple steps further.. I made 2- 23 for the duals and 2x2's for all the single tires.. these stay in the storage barn and when I get home I drive up onto these which keeps the tires off the concrete ! Then I made 4- 2818's for the leveling pads. I put a hole and a loop of heavy poly rope through the hole.. when we get to a site, I toss the pads beneath so I can later get them easily with a awning or boat hook before we leave.. we have used several times and they are no worse for wear and the campsites are left without issue!
Wdowell4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:59 PM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
Oops finger check... 18x18 not 28
Wdowell4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 05:04 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmaustin View Post
I followed up someone's idea and tried a piece of Corian. Those seem to work well! I thought they'd be too brittle and would break but they seem to be ok.....who knew.
Corian will break. I prefer wood.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:36 PM   #52

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeTheWay View Post
Corian will break. I prefer wood.

Lol. Everything will break.

So far Corian seems to be just fine but it can be overstressed like everything. I'm not using them often but will report back anything useful.

Bill & Jenny - 2016 Winnebago Itasca Ellipse 42HD, 43 ft, Cummins 8.9 ISL - Blue Ox and SMARTCAR. Once/month traveler in Midwest and (as ofen as possible) Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote