Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2019, 09:57 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by chertman47 View Post
What a country we have! Just saying. OK haters, here I am, bring it on.
If you insist...Shame on you! I'll hit the bricks later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stool.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	318.9 KB
ID:	244164  
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2019, 12:18 AM   #114

Talk about out of touch, wow. One of my father's favorite sayings was "waste not want not". He came from humble Midwestern roots. These people suffered through two wars, and a great depression. It taught them to be resoursful and frugal with their hard earned dollars. And he passed that attitude down to my four brothers and myself. To him very idea of buying a vehicle who's sole purpose was recreation would have been laughable to begin with,, let alone something as fuel thirsty. To equate that kind of fiscal conservatism, with stealing is just so far out in space I really have to question the grip on reality of anyone who would make that association. But it takes all kinds now doesn't it. I didn't read anywhere about stealing materials to fabricate wooden or aluminum Jack pad. What I got from reading the different suggestions for alternative pads were constructive suggestions for less expensive gear to stretch that budget which allows us to enjoy this wonderful life. Maybe in the future you'll resist the urge to criminalize and demean those who's circumstance require making fiscal trades off that a free-sprending mindset doesn't have to consider. But given that your final middle finger salute to any that disagree but prejudging them as haters kind of says it all. But then its probably true in this case that you can't teach an old old dog new tricks. Sorry you aren't capable of contributing to the positive vibe of the thread
pjenk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 08:21 AM   #115

I'm a fan of snappads. I like not having to get out of the RV. Sometimes however I need to add an inch or 2 for leveling and I just use the lego type bricks I have left over from my Class C and TT days. I do have a few sheets of ply for really soft places in my setup bin as well.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:50 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjenk51 View Post
Talk about out of touch, wow. One of my father's favorite sayings was "waste not want not". He came from humble Midwestern roots. These people suffered through two wars, and a great depression. It taught them to be resoursful and frugal with their hard earned dollars. And he passed that attitude down to my four brothers and myself. To him very idea of buying a vehicle who's sole purpose was recreation would have been laughable to begin with,, let alone something as fuel thirsty. To equate that kind of fiscal conservatism, with stealing is just so far out in space I really have to question the grip on reality of anyone who would make that association. But it takes all kinds now doesn't it. I didn't read anywhere about stealing materials to fabricate wooden or aluminum Jack pad. What I got from reading the different suggestions for alternative pads were constructive suggestions for less expensive gear to stretch that budget which allows us to enjoy this wonderful life. Maybe in the future you'll resist the urge to criminalize and demean those who's circumstance require making fiscal trades off that a free-sprending mindset doesn't have to consider. But given that your final middle finger salute to any that disagree but prejudging them as haters kind of says it all. But then its probably true in this case that you can't teach an old old dog new tricks. Sorry you aren't capable of contributing to the positive vibe of the thread

Boy oh boy, are your panties in a wad or what. Let me "try" to explain since you obviously missed my point.

People who get 6-9 miles per gallon are "typically" spending upwards to $500,000.00 on an RV which doesn't include a $25,000.00 travel trailer pulled by a mini van which to my thinking might, I say might, be the "frugal" type as you put it. Snap Pads are an "alternative" to the hassle IMHO of dealing with treated "heavy" lumber that was cut, screwed together, hauled around from place to place, in and out of compartments, in and out of the underneath of the RV, adjusting them because they are not quite under the jack pad, et cetera. And by the way, no one stole the wood. They went to the box store and BOUGHT it.

The reference to "thieves" was made only to the EFFORT some people(thieves) will go to to keep from working which would be less EFFORT than stealing. You see, there is less EFFORT expended with the use of Snap Pads that the EFFORT expended with using wooden blocks. To the poster that collects firewood from house builds, you are NOT stealing! I probably could have been more explicit with that reference.

And finally, to everyone else. As you can see by our coach we haven't spent $500,000.00 on our coach but the $200.00 cost of our Snap Pad Xtremes are well worth it to us and we would highly recommend them(positive input). BTW, we had gone the way of the stall pads, treated lumber and plastic blocks. We weren't trying to be frugal, we just didn't know about the Snap Pads.
chertman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:17 AM   #117

I don't see anything wrong with trying to save a buck. I would surmise that most folks who you will come across in any given campground are pretty much middle-class folks that make daily compromises with their level of income between necessities of life and pleasures. My "scrap lumber" pads work for me just fine without having to spend $200 on Snap Pads or any other product. If they take a bit longer to place and retrieve, so what, I camp to decompress and slow down, to begin with. I would rather take that money and use it more constructively on my RV, or, on one of my RV adventures.

I would guess that most class A's on the road today are more like in the $100K price range or less than $500K. And, those that are driving $500K campers probably would be buying Snap Pads or similar products at the time of their high-end RV purchase, typically they will get everything they will need at the point of sale.
vincee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:34 AM   #118

Ford Super Duty Owner
I had Snap Pads on my 5er I learn very quickly that on some soft surfaces you need more area than what the Snap Pads provide and still carried larger pads to prevent my jacks from sinking into the soft surface. I found that even more of a.problem when I went from a 5er to Class A that weights in about 34,000 pounds. Snap Pads work for most surfaces but I would still carry my jack pads that are 17" across for the surfaces that Snap Pads just don't have enough surface area.
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:55 AM   #119

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our snap pads are nice. Love them. But we still need out 18*18*1 pads and our 4*4*18 blocks of wood. Snap pads only add 1" height and we often need the wood for leveling and the pads for wet soft ground. Snap pads don't really eliminate going under coach to place pads or wood very much but they do give you a surface to keep from denting pavement and are good for places that require pads and are not off level much.

2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD - 350 Cummins ISC; Toad 2012 Wrangler 6 speed
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 07:15 AM   #120

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lajuene View Post
Our snap pads are nice. Love them. But we still need out 18*18*1 pads and our 4*4*18 blocks of wood. Snap pads only add 1" height and we often need the wood for leveling and the pads for wet soft ground. Snap pads don't really eliminate going under coach to place pads or wood very much but they do give you a surface to keep from denting pavement and are good for places that require pads and are not off level much.

I have snap pads and was able to eliminate the messy pieces of wood. If I do need to level, I use Quality Plastics Utility Blocks. Very strong and durable, they clean easy, do not rot, and have attributes that let me place them and extract them without kneeling. You should check them out. They are available in a 4-pack on Amazon.

Marshall
Old 05-04-2019, 08:45 AM   #121

We have just upgraded from a C class to a Tiffin also. We joined the Tiffin FB group. Tons of usable information there.
Terry29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:23 PM   #122

When I was looking found 93 american eagle on face book market place had no price. For a couple of months. could see a stain at ceiling near AC. Looked real nice for age besides that. Still had working freezer in basement. I decided to contact him. His dad gave to him .They didn't use it.
He said he would let it go cheap. $3000. I couldn't get off that Sat he wanted to show it. For 3 Or 4 months I tried to get to see it . He always put it off. Stopped pm.ing me back Posted sold.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:01 AM   #123

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
He said he would let it go cheap. $3000. I couldn't get off that Sat he wanted to show it. For 3 Or 4 months I tried to get to see it . He always put it off. Stopped pm.ing me back Posted sold.
Probably a scam - not sure why he didn't play you for a cash deposit.