RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2019, 11:44 AM   #1

Jack Pads

We are stepping up from a MBS Class C to a Tiffen 32SA and are looking at jack pads for the auto levelers. Obviously, I would think that any plastic pad is out of the questions, so this puts you into some rubberized version. Dicor seems to be popular, but incredibly expensive for a chunk of rubber with a rope, or am I taking too simple a look? Then, there seems to be the lates, Snap Pads - but I am not too sure as to how these would distribute weight, as the size I would need is the 8" version - but the price is under $100, with a discount. People seem to review the Snap Pad well, but if boondocking, or in a rain soaked area, how would they fare. I would appreciate any and all comments or recommendations.

HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2019, 12:08 PM   #2

Treated 2X10 and 4X4 lumber. Cheap, strong, and no big deal if you have to leave something behind.

Old 04-20-2019, 12:19 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
We have had Snap pads two years now with no issues. We boondock a lot, snap them on and forget them.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcbbob15 View Post
We have had Snap pads two years now with no issues. We boondock a lot, snap them on and forget them.

Please, educate more of "Snap Pads"? They go on foot pad of jacks? Thank you.
Bookmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:24 PM   #5

I hope you're right about the snap pads. I just ordered a set.
Sky soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:26 PM   #6

We use 2x12, 2x whatever.. no issues. Pads have broken and left me stranded; stuck and sucked up.
Carry lots of wood. Good for sewage, steps, level jacks...
Bookmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:56 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookmon View Post
Please, educate more of "Snap Pads"? They go on foot pad of jacks? Thank you.

You guessed right!

Name:   SnapPads.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  7.2 KB

https://rvsnappad.com/

Been happy with mine.

Got tired of hauling wood out of a storage bay and sliding it into place under the jack pad. Messy after it rained. Frees storage space. Quicker. Kinda pricey, but, it's a great Ron Popeil solution: Set it...and...forget it.

Take care,
Stu
Old 04-20-2019, 01:29 PM   #8

I made a set of plywood landing pads for my 8" HWH jacks with left over wood from the TV mounting project and they worked great but I did tire of installing and removing them.

I had signed up for that SnapPad promotion where they had a special price for 8" SnapPads and when they finally released them, I got them.

And they work great. Received them Dec. '17 and couldn't be happier. I do travel a lot per year and visit many different RV parks with differing ground conditions and except for a couple times when I sunk into the soft ground enough that I added my plywood pads, they have worked beyond my expectations.

But, I think even with the Snap Pads that you still need a set of even wider wood pads...10". Here's a link to how I made mine from scrap wood: Plywood Landing Pads

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : http://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 02:02 PM   #9

I use 12"x12" pads made from 4 2"x6" pieces screwed together. Have needed 2 of them under the front or back or one side vs the other to equalize in some circumstances.

A word of caution regardless of which type you use, except for snap pads, make sure they are squarely under the pad. Even with snap pads, you might need extra height.

My jacks are pretty far from the edge of the rig and I did not have one fully under the pad. Bent the pad and busted the limit switch so was not getting the all up signal. Difficult fix.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:17 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcbbob15 View Post
X2 on snap pads. I don't boondocks a lot, but do take my motorhome out about once a month. They have done well.

Ran into one problem where two of my snap pads started to crumble around the rim that secures the rubber pad to the metal base plate. Although the pad was still secure, I was concerned over time that I would lose the pad. The company sent me two new pads without question and kindly reminded me how to properly install them. I took this to mean they were implying I may not have prepared the pad properly prior to installation (soapy water around the rim to allow the base plate to snap in properly without too much friction). I did prepare the pad properly, but appreciated the reminder. No further problems so far and I have had them a couple years now.

Firestone Airbags, Hellwig front/rear Anti-Sway Bars,
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:20 PM   #11

2x solid wood sandwiched between plywood, nailed or screwed. Mine have been in use for 19 years.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:34 PM   #12

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Simpler solutions frequently work better...
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:49 PM   #13

Snap pads for us as well

We have them on, picked them up when I picked up the coach. Easy to install, meet the requirements some CG have for pad protection, and no issues while traveling.

j
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:14 AM   #14

I love my Utility Blocks. There have also been a number of quick overnight stops where I simply drove onto them for leveling.

http://www.thervgeeks.com/product-re...veling-blocks/

vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote