Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2008, 02:21 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I am going to buy a set of heavy duty (10 or 12 ton) jack stands for my '07 Endeavor and wonder if anyone has any suggestions as to brand and type - pin, ratchet, etc.

I also would like advice as to where to place the jack stands when I use them. My objective is to have jack stands that would catch the coach body in case the air bags deflate while I am under the coach working. As I look at the underside of the coach I don't see any points other than the front and back suspension trusses that look strong enough to support the weight of the coach on the jacks; and, if I put the stands under the suspension trusses then they do nothing to stop the coach from lowering if the air bags deflate. The strongest points look to be where the coach body sets on the suspension trusses but those points are too high to reach with a jack stand. Where do others put the jack stands?

Thanks for the help.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2008, 02:21 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I am going to buy a set of heavy duty (10 or 12 ton) jack stands for my '07 Endeavor and wonder if anyone has any suggestions as to brand and type - pin, ratchet, etc.

I also would like advice as to where to place the jack stands when I use them. My objective is to have jack stands that would catch the coach body in case the air bags deflate while I am under the coach working. As I look at the underside of the coach I don't see any points other than the front and back suspension trusses that look strong enough to support the weight of the coach on the jacks; and, if I put the stands under the suspension trusses then they do nothing to stop the coach from lowering if the air bags deflate. The strongest points look to be where the coach body sets on the suspension trusses but those points are too high to reach with a jack stand. Where do others put the jack stands?

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:54 AM   #3

http://www.brandsplace.com/0384-otc1784c.html

These are the stands that I use. You can find some that are priced slightly less but OTC is the company that makes OEM tools for all the auto mfrs. These are part of their "stinger" line. Made overseas to OTC specs. They do have a certification printed on the stands. You wont find that on harbor freight stands.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:45 AM   #4

Lew,

Hard to answer your question about placement of jack stands without actually looking under your coach. Mine is pretty easy in that there is heavy tubing structure associated with the hitch that I use in the back, and heavy structure associated with the generator bay that I use in the front. But my rig rides a good bit closer to the ground than most, so I appreciate the comment that your stands won't reach the frame rails.

You were absolutely correct that putting them under the axles or suspension components offers little protection if you lose air pressure.

1995 Newell, 470HP Detroit Diesel Series 60
Bikeboy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:56 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Lew,
Wise man. Placing the jacks under the rear axle or front axle beam does not protect you in the event the bags deflate. Monaco uses an "H" frame where the air bags transition form the suspension to the coach and this is where you want to place the jack stands to keep the coach from settling on you. It will become obvious if you look at the top of the air bag connector points where they terminate at the chassis.

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote