Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
As others have said, "Check the fluid level". This is a very common occurrence. Do not trust the dealer to top the system off. Ours has a 'Full' weep hole in the tank that when the screw is removed, the fluid, if topped off, will run out of this hole. Just the movement of the coach will slosh ATF into this hole and will run out if the screw is removed... even if the system is not full. Take the reservoir cap off and physically check the level of the fluid(with flashlight and mirror if need be)...if there's room, add a cup of fluid and see if that doesn't cure the problem. This is what I put up with for over a year...thought it was full and the alarm only went off in cooler weather. I'm still kicking myself. Good luck. ED>|This of course, is with the stabs full up.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
My findings...JACKS Down Alarm

On my Tiffin, I was having same issue when I drove it off the lot used and after driving it a bit. Read the book and found you don't turn it off once Jacks are stored. Always leave it on. This was as temps change and cause the hydraulics to drop, the store function pulls them back up as you are moving down the road. Hope that makes sense.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:58 AM   #17

Also check all plugs/wires...
Sounds like a sensor issue to me...could just be a loose wire/connector.

Jim
Lobstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:15 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
If it is power gear, add 1/2 cup of the recommended fluid to the jacks tank, (Dextron III I think) if this does not fix, add another half cup.

NOTE: VISUALLY inspect jacks to make sure they are all up,, Often if you have not done the recommended maintenance in a while one or more may be slow to retract fully.. The fix, is in the owner's manual, (The recommended maintenance).
This is exactly what I would do. The alarm going off due to the lack of fluid is a VERY common problem.

The lack of fluid is most like caused by a leak (typically where the tank is connected to the rest of the "plumbing"). If your RV is still under warranty, I would have them repair this leak.

Notice: A lot of people have found the need to make a support bracket for the reservoir tank (myself included). This bracket will prevent the tank bouncing up/down when driving, and will in turn lighten the load on the tank connection. Here is an example made by Nodine.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:48 PM   #19

Exact same deal here on 2012 Itasca 36L -- Scares the fool outta ya until you realize that, with the heavy duty springs, UP is the default condition -- the hydraulics defeat that condition -- unless the spring breaks, the jacks can't come down when running.

Went through the whole "fluid low" thing and made sure we were topped off - no change - Finally (under warranty) replaced the float switch and it did the trick - most of the time. Still have a false signal once in a great while when we run over a big bump. Knowing that it's false, we just ignore it.
Pastordick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:32 PM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
We've had our coach for nearly 10 years, the jacks alarm has always went off during driving. DH found out pushing the store button each time when turning the key on stopped the problem.
calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:26 PM   #21

Happened to me. I just make sure system is off after starting. Start the motor, turn the system off, no more issues.
Kcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #22

Same issue on my Tour

I had this happen a couple of times when I was braking onto an exit ramp off the interstate. I added fluid to the hydraulic reservoir and have not had a problem in over the last 18 months. I had the same reaction when the lights started flashing the first time - was quite disturbing.
seas2sail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:06 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJINTF View Post
I had to modify the fluid level sensor located at the top of the Power Gear holding tank in our 2009 Itasca. Used to be almost every hard left turn would set off the alarm even when the fluid level was at the top. Not sure what system you have, Our Power Gear tank is located behind the drivers front tire.

Yes I believe many Winni / Itasca Power Gear owners have experienced this very problem over the years - Check the fluid level with all jacks UP, fill it up to the very top.
X2. Fill the res. to max and it should stop the alarm.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks